Pages

May 14, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like summer!

So Spring/Summer is my absolute favorite time of year and I had decided to make this summer the best one possible. So now that we are getting warmer weather I decided it's time to do things on the weekends and we broke that in by going on a hike. Larry told me about this place his dad had taken him and his brothers that had a waterfall at the end. We went on a hike on a vacation to Bryce Canyon a few years ago that had a waterfall at the end and it was one of my favorite moments to share with Larry so to have on closer to home was pretty exciting.

Well once we started we got going and were hiking for quite a while when Larry started thinking we had gotten off track so we had to turn around and go back to where we thought it was the right track, it was too far back to continue on, by this time it was 9 PM and getting dark and we'd been hiking for over an hour so I was done and told Larry we'd just have to come back another weekend. But we still did get some pretty pictures from the hike...

The view from the start of the hike

More from the start. The valley below.

I didn't like the look of snow, but I love having mountains

If you look REALLY closely (between the trees) you can see the stream.

This is where we started to go on the wrong track, but it was a pretty bridge (one of a few we crossed)

Loved the awesome nature shots I could get.



This is what it looked like when we were done, too dark to keep going for me.
So overall it was a really fun hike, even if we didn't get to the end that we intended to get to. I'm looking forward to more of then this summer!

No comments: