Pages

May 19, 2011

Zoorasic Park and my girly weekend

I call this one squirt, because that's what he did
-he squirted you with water
Guess who finally got her pictures of the zoo trip loaded?

Thas right! :)

So why the zoo you may ask? Well like I said, I heard about the cool dinosaur exhibit and thought I might not get a chance to see dinosaur bones again (not to mention I HAVE to go to the zoo every year because I'm one of those people) and I thought it would be fun, the only bad part was Larry had a military obligation on Saturday he had to go to and he's usually not in a "let's go out and do more stuff when all I want to do is enjoy my two days off a week by sitting in front of my computer all the time" moods, ESPECIALLY when he has to do military stuff, so I made him a deal that if he got off early enough on Saturday and I let him spend the w.h.o.l.e rest of the day playing games then he would have to humor me and go to the zoo!

So Saturday, like I also said before, I went out with my mom, aunt, and grandma. My mom, grandma and I all went to lunch and then met Cindy (aunt) at The Gateway to do some fun shopping and browsing and ice cream filling up! It was a fun day, but before we even actually went out Larry had already text me to tell me he was off (before noon!) so I figure that's way early enough to me :) and I stuck with my end by letting him play games all the rest of the day (especially since I took a painkiller to help with my dreaded wisdom teeth and knocked out pretty early) and so I decided we were definitely hitting the zoo, plus it was still kind of cool enough that the animals might actually move around for us! While we were getting ready that morning I remembered Larry's brother(Skyler)'s girlfriend always posting on facebook that she wanted out of the house and got bored easily so I thought it might be fun to invite them along. We haven't seen a lot of them since he moved out of our house and in with her so I like being able to catch up with them every once in a while.

This was one of the cooler ones in my opinion
Once we got there I saw how wrong I was about the dinosaurs, they weren't bones or a certain section just dedicated, they had full on HUGE animatronic models up of the dinosaurs, they moved and made noise, and one even squirted water for the kids to enjoy. It was really cool the way they did it. And they gave you a booklet for kids to write and color in and it had the dino pics in it and as you passed each model it had facts on it you could put in the booklet, it was really cool. At one point we decided to stop and watch their bird show, which I haven't seen in about a bajillion years so it was funny, especially to see how it's still the EXACT.SAME.SHOW after all these years! Then after walking around a bit I saw these people with cool colored ice cream and decided we all need cool ice cream so I got everyone a fun ice cream (Larry and I choose our normal bubble gum flavor that was the absolute best flavoring ever!!!).

You may not be able to see it,
but the alligator is in the water
Then there was another part of the zoo deal, I've been working on my fear of Alligators/Crocodiles for a few years now (I have a VERY intense fear of them ever since like 6th grade-I had a terrifying dream about them and woke up sweating, shaking, crying, and very frightened and since then I've not been able to even talk about them without getting into hysterics) and I told Larry if we went I'd walk up to their cage and actually look at them-so long as they don't move, I guess they are really real if they move and I still can't handle that. So I went up and watched them, for a few minutes, and then one of them moved (of course) and I couldn't handle it anymore, but at least I stayed for the few minutes, it's a HUGE leap of progress for me and I think I can officially handle them now and the fear is gone so check that of my life's to-do list :)

Here are some other random pictures from the zoo:

While we were at the Bird Show

Not sure if they knew I was taking this or not, but I needed one of our zoo guests :)

Thought this one was a triceratops, it was some
other kind, can't remember the name
anymore

T-Rex

Didn't even know how to pronounce this one's name,
 but he was cool looking

I've never seen a giraffe sit like this before
so I had to get a picture of him



 So all in all it was a really fun weekend, for me at least. I think it was perfect weather for the zoo and I got a bunch of fun and cute pictures to share and am excited I got to do something before my busy week started. Even if I think Larry was done with me by the time we got home. :)


No comments: