Pages

May 4, 2011

"I love it when a plan comes together"

So it's been a crazy few weeks I've been through! It was the end of the semester at school and I got so busy pulling everything together in time I decided to kind of put everything else on the back burner till I could get it all done. I mean I had to revise 3 papers for English, do a few more last minute assignments, create and add to my Eportfolio, then write a 5 page math paper, meet with the teacher to go over the paper, meet with the writing center, revise the paper, turn it into a 5 minute presentation, 2 tests, and 2 final assignments. It got really stressful for a few days there and I wasn't sure I'd get it all done. But yesterday was the end, so I'm officially done with those classes.

Now a bit of a backstory, I've been working crazy hard on making sure I can get into those medical coding and billing classes. I got a little scared that, even though I couldn't start them till the summer, I'd go in early this year and find out I was supposed to do something a while back that would put all my plans on hold. So back in March I went to meet with an advisor for the classes and they said that it's not something I can choose to do during the summer, you have to wait till there's an opening and then they contact you to see when you can start. I was a little bummed to hear this and thought this will be my "I should've started this sooner" moment. Well I put my name on and just figured we'd see what comes up. I had initially told them I could start in June because I wasn't sure when this semester would be over exactly and figured give it a month just in case. I then found out I'd be done the first week and emailed the main guy over the whole applied technology center that I'd like to start May 9, he replied saying that I'd have to wait for an opening and he didn't see one anytime soon. I was a bit crushed, who knew how long it'd take? Besides I had a plan to get these classes done this year (and by the looks of it, they'll take my 6 months to finish if I did my math the way I think they do it) and I figured once they were done I'd start my schooling back up next Spring semester to finish by December and graduate then. I started wondering what I'd do if I had to put these classes off, would I want to put them off? Would this throw my whole year out of whack? I had so many thoughts I figured I might as well enjoy my break right now and if I didn't hear from them by June I'd have to come up with a plan on what I can do to make this all work. Well it just so happened that on the same day as my last finals, the same day I had all these questions buzzing around in my head, and the same day I decided to enjoy my break just happened to be the same day they called me to let me know that there would be an opening May 16!

I can't even begin to describe my excitement when I heard the message! I'm in! I can start in 2 weeks! I can be done by December! Everything is coming together just like I had wanted and planned for! I was so giddy to hear this news, then I started wondering, what about my vacations? I have on in June to visit my biological dad and spend a week with that side of my family, and then I have my other one in August, and I'm not really sure I want to cancel that with all the work and money I've already invested into it. I called them today and they said that it shouldn't be a problem, I just have to go in to finish my enrollment requirements and possibly to another orientation, which are really boring but I'll do what I must.

No comments: