Pages

Nov 5, 2013

Halloween Post

So I have to say, this year I was REALLY pumped to celebrate Halloween (I think this is a big step in healing!), I made plans a month in advance as to when Larry and I would go get costumes and a pumpkin. I went around stores in late September to look at decorations I wanted, took tons of pictures of all of it, had a craft night planned with Jena to do Halloween crafts and even started making a Pinterest board for Halloween stuff. After seeing how one of our neighbors dressed their doorway up:

You can't tell me that's not cute.
The banner says "Happy Haunting"


I thought I could do something like that, I was SO ready for it this year! And then somewhere along the lines I somehow missed all of it and ran out of time, or something. The furthest I could go with Halloween this year was pathetic:

Pumpkin for work
Soap dispenser for home
Aside from painted nails, this was seriously all I did.

Let's just say when your parents do their house like this:




You suddenly have these high standards for your own. The problem of it all was we planned everything for after our trip and by that time we were so done spending money that we really didn't want to do more of it. I did get my craft night with Jena, but I wasn't able to finish everything so I figured I'd finish it this year and put it up next year (I'm already starting to get ideas for next year).

The good of all this, however, is that I still got to do my favorite part: Watching scary movies while cuddled up to the hubby and handing out candy to Trick-Or-Treaters! So while this year was a bit of a letdown, hopefully I can make up for it next year (or for Christmas!!! Ha ha).

Oh and guess what (I can't believe I forgot to mention this already), but my sister, Ariel, got married! I can't believe it! But I'm so excited for them, and now this week I get to fly out to Indiana to help celebrate at her reception. I'll try and bring back lots of pics! Happy Holidays everyone (Yes, we're already there this year!).

No comments: