Pages

Aug 21, 2016

One Month!

So I promise I'll keep the random new house updates to a minimum or only important things, but I feel this one is an important one! We've reached one month in the house and here's all that's new in that month:

-We got our rooms mostly cleaned out and set up. Our craft room/Christmas Tree room was kind of the catch all room when we moved in so I took a whole night to really get boxes moved to the right areas and move most of the craft stuff into the closet. That room will have my craft desk, but also be where we set up the Christmas tree (I've always called it the Christmas Tree room from the moment we picked our layout and I've ALWAYS wanted a room just like it!). The reading/game room was unpacked and books have been put onto the book shelf and games neatly put into a corner. The gym room has everything built in it (for the most part) and we have a TV with cable hooked up so I can still watch Ellen while working out :) The bedroom and living room had boxes moved out of it and into the basement until we can get things organized down there. And the office has been set up since we got Internet basically haha. It's all nice to be mostly organized and set up so we can start decorating room and making them what they should be!


Before
 
After


-I signed up to be part of the neighborhood bunco team. It's funny because I signed up with Jeni thinking it'd be nice to have a friend there with me since I felt I hardly knew the neighborhood ladies, but they told me they only had one spot open and gave it to me. I was really nervous and wanted to back out, but I realized I had to commit to something this time around. It will probably be fun and it's only once a month so I'm sure I'll end up loving it!

-The neighborhood had a potluck breakfast this last Saturday and it was so awesome! I actually got to meet a few of the ladies in the bunco group and catch up with them. They are all so sweet. We got there early and we met a few new neighbors so that was really cool.




-Since this weekend marked a month since the grass has been put in we decided it was finally time to start doing yard work (and by decided I mean they told us to at this point haha). We had to have the water going 4 times a day during the day, which I hated, but I see it was worth it now. We went out yesterday and bought a lawn mower, fertilizer, a spreader for the fertilizer, a gas can for the mower, salt for our water softener, filters for the furnaces and drapers for our sliding door! It was so much fun! We laid down the fertilizer yesterday while watching all the sprinkler zones go off so we knew which ones were what when we changed the schedule yesterday and today we started mowing and spraying the bug defense spray around the house. Again, so much fun! I loved every minute of it and it didn't take Larry long to mow. I got to start it up just to see if I could and it's so easy!



Overall we are just so excited about this house and can't wait till we can start making improvements to each room...or to hang the drapes already! We need a stud finder so we ordered one tonight, hopefully we'll be able to hang them by Tuesday. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You have not posted in a while, how is everything going, good I hope???
take care, Love Grandma D