Pages

Aug 15, 2016

Our First House Guests

So Ariel text me a couple weeks back and asked if they could stay with us overnight while they flew home to Indiana (they had a quick layover in Utah from Idaho and just needed a floor to crash on). I was beyond thrilled to have our first guests so I text her back right away saying heck yeah! Haha

They came over yesterday around 2 ish and we visited for a while and played with baby Rachel, of course. She's such a smiley little girl I love making her smile. The best was when Larry started playing with her and she was making silly faces at him.


The kitties were very unsure of new people in the house at first, but eventually Oscar warmed up and came out to check them out. He was okay with the adults, but a baby was way too new for him haha. The girls waited until it got dark out to come out and check them out. But they did end up coming out and getting playful and loving around them so that made me happy. I hope they can get used to having guests here.


We ended up eating dinner together at the dining table, which was weird because we don't usually use that, but was nice to talk about their birds and their dream house and everything. We laughed a lot. We also introduced them to texanos that night, which they loved! After that we ended up watching Speed on TV until bedtime, they hadn't seen that movie and it's a pretty silly one from forever ago.

They left before I was even up in the morning to get to the airport so we didn't get to say goodbye, but I really enjoyed having them over. They'll be coming back in 10 days to stay over again for their flight home, but they'll get in so late we probably won't really hang out or anything. But I'm so glad we've now got an inflatable bed for guests (Thanks you guys! It was so nice of you to leave that here temporarily) until we get a real bedroom setup in that room.

So our first guest visit was a success in our opinion, I hope they agreed :)

No comments: