Pages

Aug 11, 2016

That Time We Went to Tracy Aviary

So let me just say Larry going to college has really scored us some sweet points lately haha. A few weeks ago he got an invitation for an alumni event for tonight at Tracy Aviary. I had never been, but heard it was pretty cool and it was a free event so I figured why not?

We went there straight I got home and ended up being a little late, but it worked for us.  They said on the invitation there would be light refreshments so I figured we didn't have to eat dinner before hand....yeah I don't consider packets of Oreos, nutter butters, fruit snacks, and small bags of chips light refreshments OR dinner, but it worked for us.

 
 

After eating and vising with other alumni we walked the park. They had so many cool birds...also I apparently don't know the difference between a parrot and a macaw (whoops!). They also had cool eagles to see and some ducks you can feed. The ducks also seem to watch you when you get close to the food machine thing and then just sit there so cute...you have to feed them after that! We learned that apparently bread is bad for birds because it has no nutritional value but fills them up. They say it's better to feed them corn or lettuce. Now I want to go get those things and find birds to feed haha.

Mom, Daughter, Dad, & Son


It was a pretty cool event with a lot of cool birds, but I hope they have other alumni nights or switch them up just to see what else is out there. I'm glad his school does this so we can enjoy free date nights out :)

No comments: