Pages

Jul 30, 2016

Slide The City 2016

So...if you've never heard of Slide The City, it's basically a two block water slide where you can bring a tube and pay a registration fee and slide down it. I've heard about it before, but completely forgot to ever look it up. While we were down in St. George we happened to stumble upon the one that was down there and we both thought it looked like a lot of fun. We got back to find another one would be in Salt Lake the following weekend, but registration seemed steep. I found out there was one at the end of July in Provo and early registration for three slides, a tub, and a bag of goodies wasn't too expensive so I immediately signed us up!



Being able to slide the city after a week long of moving and cleaning was just what we needed, unfortunately it was probably the most disorganized things we've experienced since getting Larry out of the military. I'm a big stickler about starting things on time, but this place obviously didn't consider the set up schedule at all. We parked in front of this house and the guy who lived there mentioned he thought it was odd they didn't start setting up at 3 AM like they normally do...so that was dead giveaway it was going to take a while since we go there at 8:30 and they hadn't even started.


Luckily we still got to go pick up our stuff and had plenty of time to inflate our tubes and get some snow cones while we waited. The most annoying part is they had "road closed" signed where the slide was supposed to be, but people kept driving past them. This security guy started to get so irritated he was yelling at a couple of the drivers and found some cones to drag over to stop people...he made me laugh! Finally around noon the slide was set up and we got to get in line.

We were supposed to have carpet cleaners come at 2:30 but since we didn't start the slide till 12 I decided to cancel that and have them come the next weekend. I didn't want to stress out and end up rushing the slide instead of having fun. We went down once and had a lot of fun. I told Larry I paid for three slides so we should at least get 2 out of it (the line was really long and we debated if we wanted to stay in it or not). We went down a second time and had even more fun.




By this point the line had shortened drastically and we already were there and soaking so we decided to go down a third time. It was so worth it to stay! I mean setup sucked and starting 3 hours late was irritating, but the slide is a lot of fun, so how can you be mad at that point?

After we finished up we dried off and drove back home. We noticed crazy gray clouds started showing up so we seemed to get done just in time. Once we got home rain came down so hard! It was so nice being home and just listening to the rain come down, our first storm in the new house (I'll try and limit "first in the new house" to only real things)

I'm hoping to get my video editing software up and going and I can create a good slide show to add here with the pics and videos from the slide. I got some good ones, I think. Happy Weekend!

No comments: