Pages

Jul 17, 2016

Moving Onward

So while we haven't gotten the official word on when we're closing, I, being an optimist, chose to move onward with home plans we have. We decided to spend the weekend appliance shopping. We still needed to get a washer, dryer and fridge for the new place and a microwave for the condo (the one we had was too big for the hole so we'll have to sell that one on KSL). Luckily we had some gift cards to Lowes and Home Depot so that helped with the shopping.

We ended up finding a washer and dryer really quickly at Home Depot. The fridge was a different, funny story. I normally hate those fridges that have the freezer as a drawer on the bottom. It was on my absolutely not list for a fridge. We went looking a few weeks ago and I found one of those with the freezer on the left and the fridge on the right, but the fridge has like two doors to it (one like usual and then one that opens that one up half way for condiments and stuff...does that make sense?). Well the salesman was showing us one with the drawer on the bottom and when I tried to protest he showed me why that one was really the better choice. It was cheaper for one, and it had a bigger ice bucket inside and we use up a lot of ice. Plus, the drawer wasn't too large so it didn't make me feel too small to get inside it. Done! We have both set to be delivered next week while we should be in the home. They even offered us a military discount even though we forgot Larry's papers showing he was in the military! It was probably the best experience buying appliances (our dryer is a steamer, has a rack for drying shoes, AND opens two different ways!! I love new gadgets!)


Now onto Lowes to find a microwave, that wasn't as easy a task. It's odd because I didn't care what microwave we got. Just that it fit into the hole we had and was white (to match our other appliances) and not too expensive. I found one that seemed decent, but couldn't get someone to help us for anything! I was so frustrated. I found a guy at a computer nearby and asked him if he could help. He said all the appliance people called out so he could order something for us, but not give us specifics. We ordered it through him (which took longer than the fridge and washer and dryer for some reason) and got it ready. We could finally leave and go home now! When we were checking out I started to feel bad because I noticed he was leaving for the day and it was like 15 after 5 and so I realized we probably got him right as he was ready to leave, which would make any one irritable right? He was nice enough to help us as he was leaving, so I appreciated that.


Today I've spent the day watching the Christmas in July movies on Hallmark (which is getting me SUPER excited for the holidays, damn you Hallmark Channel!!) and packing. We've officially started since it should be our last weekend in the condo. We actually got a ton done today, which is nice. Less to worry about throughout the week. It's weird to see rooms emptying out now. I know I'm happy to be in the house, but I'm sad to leave our first official home, especially as a married couple. I think of all the happy moments as well as some of the sad ones and it makes me choke up a little knowing I won't have those memories as fresh in my mind (although some of the sad ones can go away so I'm okay with that). I just hope I documented them well enough on the blog and with pics and videos on my phone to keep the best ones! And here's to hoping the cats really like the new place...I'm suddenly nervous they won't for some reason.

No comments: