Pages

Jul 15, 2016

Work Parties and Closing Struggles

So tonight took an unfortunate turn. Remember how the last post I was saying we had one more week left? Well that's changed and it really sucks. Tonight is my work party, a luau themed party at the aquarium, so it should be a fun night right? Well...

I got home and Larry told me there were issues with closing due to an old loan under his name. What was originally scheduled for the 20th has been pushed back to the 22nd (at the earliest, it could go later). I just want to live there already, is that too much to ask? This really put a cramp into our moving plans, as well as our plans for enjoying the party tonight!


...Ugh! Whatever!

Whining time over...

On to the party. As stated, the closing issues really put a damper on our party spirit, but I decided we should still go. It would have free food, lots of fun activities, cute little animals to check out, and it was a free event at the aquarium (a place I feel is overpriced as it is so I would rather not pay to check it out). We got there and immediately got into the food line (there were rumors there wouldn't be enough food for everyone). It was decent, good enough for free food, but nothing to write home about. We then went to check out the different areas while eating dessert. Larry had never been there before, but I had, and I was obsessed with the shark tank area (if you've been there you know why). We went to check that out and get some cool pictures, then went to walk around other places. I wasn't feeling very social so if any work people are reading this I'm sorry if I came off as angry, but we still tried to make the most of it. We also wanted to see the new cat they had there, but the brat was hiding when we got to it's spot, boo! They did, however, have some awesome fire dancers, which reminded me so much of our honeymoon and seeing the dancers at the luau in Hawaii...it was pretty cool. After we had our fill of the dancers, we went back to the shark room for a bit and then I decided we should call it a night



I love that my work puts these things on. This one was probably one of the more fun summer parties we've had. We even won a gift card to Crate & Barrel (which will help get some cute home stuff, right?). Overall it was a decent night. Fingers crossed we can close by next Friday!

No comments: