Pages

Jul 13, 2016

One More Week!

This. Is. Crazy! We are one week away from closing on our new house! Have we started packing yet? NO! Are we going to get it done? Hopefully. That's what this weekend is for :) I can't believe we're a week away. I would say you wouldn't know it by looking at the house yet though, I feel like there's still so much to be done in the next week, but they have gotten a lot done since the last update.



So we have our deck, our exterior is all done, we are officially locked out so we can't see the interior (have been for a couple weeks now, which is why there hasn't been a house update lately). We see they installed carpet through the window, but I couldn't get a good enough picture to really add here. We have our final walk through the day that we close, which makes me nervous for if we find anything that needs fixing, but we'll worry about that then.

The plan for now is to close Wednesday, move small things in that night and Thursday night. We'll rent a truck Friday to Saturday and spend Friday night moving as much as we can ourselves. Saturday is the big moving party with family. Sunday will be moving any last minute things over and then we're taking Monday through Friday off to unpack, clean the condo, get that ready to sell, and switch over all utilities and internet and all that fun stuff.

So here's to making this next week go by as quickly as possible so that we can hurry and move in...we hope the kitties like their new home!


Oh yes, as another note, we (Larry and I) were talking about our PTO hours we have left to use and realized we both had a few days we needed to use up. So we've officially picked our next vacation spot (our last for the year): South Dakota! You may be wondering why South Dakota? What's there that is so exciting? Well it's a good thing you asked, I thought the same thing. You see the conversation went something like this:

Me: Where should we go for our last vacation this year? It's gotta be cheap
Larry: I've never seen Mount Rushmore before...
Me: I have...it's not THAT exciting. Besides there's nothing else out there to do.
Larry: Oh yeah? (looks up things to do near Mount Rushmore) Look at this list!
Me: Well damn, that does look fun! Let's book it!

I'm very excited because it'll be a long road trip and I LOVE road trips! I'll do a post about the trip once we're back so I'm not putting what there is to do now...it'll be a nice surprise...in a few months haha.

No comments: