Pages

Sep 10, 2016

Floating The River

Today was a pretty eventful one, but in so many good ways.

To start out with we had plans with Marie and Jim to go float the Provo River. I've always wanted to try this, but we never did for some reason. Marie had gotten some discount tickets on KSL or Groupon and asked if we'd want to go. I was totally in! Let me say this is something I want to make a regular summer outing! The river wasn't too cold, especially with how warm it was today (which I was a tad nervous about for September), it wasn't too crazy when we hit rapids (we only upended on a rock once!), and the views were spectacular!

I didn't get any pictures, unfortunately, because I left my go-pro in the car, but that gives me a reason to make sure we go back. They even had these little cottage/trailer type homes right on the river with built in porches right on the river. I totally want to retire there if we stay in Utah! I don't think I could have had more fun with this activity! Although they forgot to get us a raft at first so we got a super late start and we had to carry it around a certain part, but it was still really fun and I can't wait to do it again.

After the river we had Cailyn's birthday party to get to. We hurried home to get the gift and then head over to Jena and Skyler's to celebrate the birthday girl. She was so excited to see us. She made us some masks and then wanted to sit on my lap the whole time. I was a bit sunburnt so I couldn't let her do too much on my lap, but we got some pictures together and she seemed really happy about it. They had some cute games and an obstacle course for the kids to do to get prizes. It was a really good party and Jena did amazing on the cake and piƱata (which she made herself!).

Anyways, it was a great first day of the weekend. Tomorrow is typical grocery shopping, laundry, and relax day so I won't have anything to report at that point (plus we're binging Walking Dead right now in time for season 7 so that's another thing we do on Sundays).

Happy Weekend and September everyone!

No comments: