Pages

Sep 14, 2016

Strong & Healthy

That's going to be my motto this time around because...

We're expecting a baby!!
 
That's right (I found out yesterday morning)! The crazy part is this wasn't FULLY planned...I don't need to go into too much detail, but it was a surprise for us. Here's the story (because I want to have all the details for myself):
 
While we were in South Dakota, Larry and I went out to dinner one night and I noticed a smell like a dirty diaper. I was making a face and telling Larry that there was a kid nearby who needed their diaper changed. He thought it was odd because the only kid nearby was in the booth behind him, nowhere else, but he couldn't smell a thing. He made a joke "are you sure you aren't pregnant?" and I just laughed it off. I was actually annoyed because I was on my second week of a period and I had no clue why this one was so long. We ended up going wine tasting and I read this poster they had in all the places saying "alcohol and pregnancy don't mix" and I wondered if maybe I shouldn't try and just in case, but then told myself I've prevented myself from doing a lot because I thought I might be pregnant and I was done doing that. We got back from South Dakota and my period stopped, but things just felt really weird. Like it didn't feel like we went on a vacation at all, I felt very frustrated over weird little things, my boobs were STILL killing me for some reason, and I just felt like something was off in my system. I was trying to decide if I should call my Dr to find out, but decided against it for the time being. 
 
We finished our week after our trip just fine, I was still pretty irritable about some things (that really made no sense) so I still felt off. I thought if I'm going to call my Dr I should probably take a pregnancy test just in case they ask. Well I wanted to put that off as long as possible and on the Friday after we got back it was cleaning night and I ended up having more bleeding. I freaked out thinking "well I was probably pregnant, but this was probably another miscarriage" I cried for a second and realized I was being silly, I didn't even know I was pregnant and I obviously couldn't be. I tried talking to Larry, but he was in gaming mode so I decided to just go to sleep and ignore it.
 
Saturday morning I woke up and the bleeding had stopped so I figured it was a fluke because I had picked up the heavy box of litter (it's like 40 lbs!) and ignored that. I did, however, notice that when I was hungry I would start to feel a little nauseous. I figured it had been a while since I made myself go hungry so it was a fluke. I remembered I had caught up on one of my favorite shows recently where one of the main characters was pregnant. Her boyfriend asked her if she was sick and she said something about only when she's not eating and then told him she was pregnant. I thought "hey! That's kind of like me." But then ignored it because I've had many, many occasions where I've tricked myself into thinking I was pregnant just because of something I saw on a TV show. However, all day Saturday I couldn't help shaking that feeling of being nauseous if I was even a little bit hungry. I got REALLY angry at Larry on Sunday morning because I asked if he'd make me French toast for breakfast while I did the grocery list and he wouldn't and I was feeling sick and so irritable I bit his head off. I knew something still felt off and decided maybe calling my Dr. would be a smart thing...maybe I'm just being crazy.
 
Monday I was leaving work, still feeling sick, still feeling off, and I thought "maybe if I take the pregnancy test and it says negative all my symptoms will go away with the proof" so I stopped at the store and got myself some tests and took them home. I didn't want Larry to know I got them because I thought he'd think I was crazy so I hid them from him. Yesterday I woke up and all of a sudden it felt like all my symptoms were gone, no sore boobs, no sickness, I felt normal again...until I walked down stairs and everything came rushing back again. I hurried and took the tests out, did my thing, and then walked into the living room to start getting my show and breakfast ready (no need to watch the stupid little timer just to see a big fat negative). I went into the bathroom as soon as Netflix was on the TV and saw the big fat NOT negative (positive for those that don't get double negatives):

 
 
I was in shock! How could I be pregnant? And how far along could I be? I don't think I did anything smart during the past month so there were risks with that. Also, I had lots of bleeding...what if this was just leftover hormones and I really wasn't pregnant anymore? Should I tell Larry right away? Or should I go to the Dr to confirm and then find a fun way to tell him? SO many thoughts at once! I was giddy thinking I could really be pregnant, but so worried about why things weren't normal for me. I decided I needed to tell Larry so that if I got bad news he could be there for me and I didn't have to be alone.
 
I waited for his alarm to go off and went upstairs. I kissed him good morning, turned on the bathroom light, turned off the fan and then said to him "want to see something scary?" He said sure so I showed him the test. He kind of squinted and turned his head and said "I can't read it." I laughed and said "it's a pregnancy test. You don't NEED to read it to know the results." He got this HUGE grin and just wagged his finger at me to give him another kiss. Of course he was confused since neither of us hinted we thought I really was pregnant so he asked why I took the test and I told him because I felt weird and thought if I was going to call my Dr to find out why I should probably take one just in case.
 
I called my Dr's office while at work and let them know I took the test but had NO idea how far along I could be (to which they responded with "well then why did you take the test?" UGH!). I also text my mom to let her know...I needed a woman to know just in case I got bad news again as well. The office got the request for me for to go into the lab to check my HCG levels in my blood and I did that right after work. I swear though with how sick I was last night I KNOW I have to still be pregnant. It's funny because I asked for a little nausea when I was pregnant last time and it has already come full force. I'm taking it as a good sign that all my symptoms pretty much showed up AFTER all the bleeding...fingers crossed that this baby is Strong & Healthy!

Larry took me out for ice cream
To celebrate the good news!
 

No comments: