Pages

Apr 16, 2018

2 Months (Weeks 5 - 8)

My only bump shot so far...but you can definitely
See it starting...hiding is going to be hard!
So instead of posting weekly updates I figured I'd still take weekly bump shots, but do monthly updates with a Compare/Contrast, Best Moments, and What I'm Looking Forward To. I obviously don't recall the first month so here we start with the second one:

Compare/Contrast: So far my pregnancy has felt similar and different at the same time as my pregnancy with Cara. I have gotten sick and thrown up a couple times, but the sickness isn't NEARLY as extreme and I haven't thrown up nearly as much as with Cara (but I was also on Progesterone with her, which I felt exaggerated my symptoms quite a bit). I feel VERY exhausted and unmotivated, whereas with Cara I felt really antisocial (vs unmotivated) and slept a lot, but only because it was the only thing I could do (with the hemorrhage) so I don't know if I was really that tired. I feel like I sleep better this time, but only because I'm not being strict about being on my side, I sleep on my back, side, whatever is most comfy. At my first doctor appointment, they did do an ultrasound and the heart rate was 177, which is similar to Cara's (near the beginning), but they found the baby much higher than Cara was and on my right side instead of left. I've already had a hard time buttoning my pants (I only have one weekly shot because I didn't want to start taking them until I knew how far along I was so I only did the 8 week for this month - so there isn't much to compare just yet) so I have a feeling I'm going to have a bump really quickly haha.

As far as aversions/cravings go I'm happy to say I don't feel like I need applesauce this time, but I do prefer only sweets (popcorn, nuts, salty things, etc. have turned my stomach badly) again. I can at least eat leftovers and cooking food isn't TOO bad, although being the one to cook isn't my favorite since that can turn my stomach (one night I had to cook chicken overnight for a meal that needed to marinate all day and waking up to that smell got me SO sick I almost passed out so I've learned not to do that).

The hardest part this time around is having a one year old that wants to be chased around while I'm feeling so sick/unmotivated/tired. I've had to rely a lot on Larry entertaining her or putting a movie on (which gives me total mom guilt that the few hours I get with her are in front of a tv). Plus her smell has really set off my nausea. Her poopy diapers make me REALLY sick so Larry's had to change those (and I do actually feel bad about that).

Our Little Minion in there!

Best Moments This Month: Definitely finding out we're pregnant again, going to the appointment and getting it confirmed AND no hemorrhage this time! Hearing the heart rate is always awesome and getting to take home pictures to show Larry (since he couldn't come to it) is great. I also am glad I don't need to take Progesterone this time and can just let this be a normal pregnancy. I have a feeling this one is going to be my ideal pregnancy haha.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting past 10 weeks, getting past 12 weeks, having a bump again, feeling the movements, and the fact that I get another ultrasound at my next appointment (at 12 weeks) that I'm SUPER excited to see the growth between the two weeks. I'm also looking forward to not feeling as sick and getting some motivation back, and of course finding out the gender since I told Larry I'd wait to do an official announcement until we knew that (I just wish I could convince him to find out early haha).

No comments: