Pages

Dec 31, 2012

Revisiting the Resolutions

So this past week I've been thinking about resolutions and whether I really want to make any for 2013 considering no one ever really keeps to them. Well then I went back and looked at the ones I made public for 2012 and I realized...I actually did pretty good with them this year, there are only 2 I didn't really do. As a refresher my goals/resolutions were:
  • Get my wisdom teeth out
  • Hopefully, get Lasik this year (this really depends on how much the wisdom teeth ends up costing me)
  • Take our Bahamas cruise
  • Get passports (for the cruise)
  • Get into a medical coding job
  • I'm back to learning a new language (I'm thinking Italian, but we'll see)
  • I'm also back to getting into a workout routine and eating healthier
The only two I didn't do was getting into a medical coding job and learning a new language. I will say those were my far fetched ones anyways. I do still want to learn a new language or two, I'm working on one currently, but it's kinda a secret and as for the medical coding job...well I most likely won't be doing that. I found out some new things about being in that field that wasn't what I was expecting so it kinda went on the back burner and I really love my job and the people I work with and there's opportunity for me to grow where I'm at and I like that idea right now so I'm staying put. There was another one on my goals list that I accomplished this year, but I didn't make public and I'm really proud of it so I'm making it public now. I have a TERRIBLE, rotten, gross habit...I pick at my fingers. It started when I was young and would usually only be during the winter when my skin was really dry, but for the past couple years it's been all the time, not just winter. I'll tell ya, it bugged the crap out of Larry. I'd always stop for a couple days, but it was almost therapeutic for me so once I saw a new "peel opening" I'd stop everything and just go at it. It was terrible and I was always ashamed to show people my hands or fingers. Well as of today it's been about 4 months since I've peeled them, which doesn't sound like a long time, but it's the longest I've ever gone and I hope to never start again. I've gotten to the point where if I do see something that could lead to peeling I immediately put lotion on so I don't do it anymore. It's been so nice having it gone away with...even if it still is a work in progress! You know how we all have that one habit we've been wanting to do away with for forever but it just never seems to go, well this was mine and I'm glad I can start the new year with one less fault on my list.

So seeing as how I actually accomplished a lot more than I thought I did, I think I may make some 2013 resolutions...to be posted later!

No comments: