Pages

Dec 31, 2012

2012 in Review

So I normally don't like doing two posts in one day, I just don't think it looks good for the layout, but I really wanted to post both of these posts today. This one I wanted to revisit all our big moments this year:

January:

January was pretty exciting, we got our Passports (finally!) just in time for our Bahamas cruise. I also got my wisdom teeth removed that month, which has been on my "to-do" list for about 8 years now, so I was really happy to not only have them taken out, but to have it be painless and it didn't break the bank to get done! It was a great way to start off the new year!

February

February was probably one of the funnest months this year since it was when we took our Bahamas Cruise and our second vacation just us. It was a blast going to Orlando Studios and to also see how beautiful the ocean was and play in it. It was definitely a memorable trip!





March

March seems to be a little uneventful, the only thing of noteworthy I can mention is that's when we found our current home and also I got to achieve another dream of taking a picture with a real bear, which is something I've always wanted to do! It may not have been an adult bear, but it was super cute and I wanted to take it home with me.



April

April was another slow month. I got called in for my first Jury Duty, and I was one of the first people I know of to actually get selected. I had fun learning about how the whole jury "system" works and we got fed some pretty awesome food, but I don't think I'd want to do it again. It was pretty extreme and intense. One of the lawyers was a little too emotionally involved and the judge had to tell him to calm down more than once (a day even!).

May

May was one of the most exciting, eventful, busy months for us. Many things happened (maybe to make up for the previous two months). For one, I got my new job at HealthEquity that month, a GREAT move for me and it's not been a choice I've regret since! Larry graduated from Cochise College with his associates. He worked so hard for his degree and from an Arizona college-out of state seems like it'd be really complicated, but he made it work so well and I'm so proud of him!
Oh yeah, and we got engaged!! Which was my favorite part of the month, of course :)
I really think May started off the greatest part of our 2012 year!

June

June was another GREAT month. Why? Because that's when we got our first, very own home!


I love this home and it has, by far, been the best thing to happen for us as a couple ever! If I haven't been obvious enough about how much I love it, hopefully this one has convinced you haha.


July

July was our free Vegas trip that resulted in another semi-free cruise to the Bahamas so it was also a fun month. I love our Vegas trips, and this one was pretty cool because we got to see a couple shows for the first time in all our trips there (The Excalibur show and Peep Show with Holly Madison-which I realized when we saw it she was a couple months pregnant at the time). Larry and I always have a good time in Vegas, even if the trips are pretty short.

Greetings from Vegas! Larry clearly wasn't shaving then and I
Was being lazy with my hair haha


August

August was our wedding filled month! We got to help plan Larry's brother's wedding for one and we also did our engagement session at the end of the month. It was special to be a part of Skyler and Jena's day (I don't think I've cried so much during a wedding! But it was out of happiness-I'm so happy they got married and Jena was so gorgeous in her dress!)


September

September we got to celebrate baby birthdays! I never realized how fast the first year of a baby's life goes until I got to see two of them just completely fly by, and they weren't even my kids! I don't think I even want to know how crazy fast it'll go when it is our kids! It was fun comparing the pictures and how much they've each grown and learned in such a small period. Congratulations, again, to the parents!

October

October was another fun month. It started our first holiday season in our home, Larry and I got to celebrate 8 years together on the 15th, AND I picked out my wedding dress. I still don't even get to see MY version of the dress (because they had to change a few things about it) until the end of January, but believe you me, I'm very very anxious and excited to see it!

November

November will always be one of my favorites because that's when I finally got to have my lasik done! Something I've wanted done for about 7 years now! It's been so nice seeing everything lately. I had a follow up appt today and both eyes together are 20/20, my left eye is super amazing (don't know the EXACT degree, but I'm pretty sure it's a notch above 20/20), my right eye still has some healing to do so we'll see where it gets to in a few more weeks. I joke this seemed to be my year of surgeries because I got my two major ones done and am so, super glad I did!

December

December is still happening, but only for another hour! Other than holidays the only thing I can put of note, but one I guess I haven't really shared with anyone yet, is Larry got accepted into UofU for his next take on school! He's hoping to start Spring of 2013 (even though I think he should wait till after our wedding, but it's his schooling and I know he can take on a lot more than I give him credit for). He's such a smarty pants, it'll be so nice once he gets in and we can see what his schedule will be like. Love that man and everything he does for our future to make it better!

It is pure craziness to believe how fast this year went. Normally I notice it a little more, but last night I turned to Larry and was like "holy smokes, the very last day of 2012 is tomorrow! Not this week, TOMORROW!" I have loved this year so much and am so excited for 2013. There's so much I'm looking forward to next year: our wedding, our honeymoon (AAAAHHH!!), our cruise, plus more! I've got it in my head that next year will be filled with adventure and good times, I want to get so much stuff crossed off our Baby Bucket List, plus get as much schooling done so that I can finish up in 2014 (woops to my goal to be done by next May!). Can't wait till this time next year and to see what I/we can say we accomplished!

No comments: