Pages

Dec 14, 2012

'Tis the Season of Giving

So I don't know if anyone remembers. but back in May I got a new job with a great new company! I'll admit I was really nervous when I first moved over. Normally when I got a new job before it was because the old job just wasn't working out for me anymore, but this time that wasn't the case. I loved the credit union and everyone I worked with there, but I needed something different if I was going to be serious about going into Psychology.
Anyways, I now see how amazingly awesome this new company is. I've been saying for the past couple years that I've wanted to help someone out during Christmas. I always wanted to go to the mall (or where ever they have them) and go to the trees of the families or kids that won't get any gifts-I said I wanted to start it earlier so that Larry and I could continue that tradition onto when we had kids (maybe have them pick out a kid around their age that they can get them a fun gift and see that Christmas isn't just about getting presents, it's about helping and sharing and giving).
Well I found out HealthEquity does such that each year and we can go pick a kid and get them a gift! I picked out a 17-year old girl named Natalie who wanted the Hunger Games DVD this year. Easy enough and doesn't cost too much. It feels great to help out, I mean one little gift doesn't feel like much, but when you see this or this:

It makes you feel like you may have only contributed one tiny thing, but those kids are going to be so happy when they see all these piles under the tree! I'm so happy that there was a way for me to help out this year and I'm very excited to keep it up from here on out. I encourage anyone else out there to do the same because one gift is just a small thing to us, but it becomes something bigger and better for others!

My small contribution

No comments: