Pages

May 14, 2013

Motivational #2

Okay, I'm not going to call this Motivational Monday since it's only been on Tuesdays now, but here's my newest one:




If you couldn't tell, the topic this time is reaction. This is a HUGE problem of mine. It's actually come up a few times just today where I didn't react the way I wanted to, or should have, and afterwards I felt dumb. I have a horrible habit of not reacting the right way to certain things. In fact, if I'm ever criticized, even for something small, I often revert to being young and suddenly so vulnerable. It's definitely something to work on.
 
I think I should take a page from a couple celebrities that I can think off the top of my head now that do well with reactions to things (one people will agree with, I'm sure; while the other people will make fun of me for, I'm positive): Kim Kardashian and Ellen DeGeneres. I'm sure people are rolling their eyes at Kim's name (and I know Larry's probably closed the window by now-he HATES her), but there was a recent happening in her life that I know no one agreed with her decision (I'll say it had to do with fashion, but leave it at that) and I often check her blog when I'm bored and I saw she posted about it saying it was gorgeous and she loved the look. I agree with everyone that it was hideous, but the fact that she doesn't care that people knock her for some of her decisions. Sure, she can be a little TOO into herself and too spoiled, but I think she does well with all the criticism coming her way, especially lately, and I wish I could put on such a strong attitude like her.
 
Now with Ellen, I'm just so jealous that she seems to march to her own beat. She literally dances like no one is watching, and loves like she's never been hurt. She does things with her all, she's hilarious, and she cares so much about people and animals. She is definitely an inspiration and everyone seems to love her for being herself. THAT'S definitely a characteristic I wished I possessed! If there was one person I could be like, it would be her!
 
So that's my lesson for today: most of what makes our day is our reactions to other's actions, you can choose to react the positive way and move forward, or let it bring you down and ruin your whole day!

No comments: