Pages

Jul 2, 2013

Larry's Birthday

So I have a tons of posts I've been wanting to do. Things like our wedding pictures, our honeymoon, and a special anniversary that's passed for us, but right now I must put those on the back burner for a special post. Every year I seem to post about my birthday and what we did for it, and when I do I realize I forgot to post anything about Larry's birthday. So for the first time: Happy Birthday Baby!

Larry turned the big 2-5 on the 1st. He normally doesn't care about doing anything on his birthday, I think it's because no one in his family has ever really done anything for it before so he never expects much. This year I told him I'd finally get him a gun (since he got mine for my birthday last year) and the next gun show isn't till the 27th-28th so he kind of has to wait a little bit. Well, I felt bad and decided I needed to surprise him with something small (but a surprise none the less). This is our first "occasion" since getting married and while it's isn't a huge thing, I still wanted to show him a little love.

Normally I'm REALLY bad with surprises with him, I always do something to give it away, but this year I was able to do a really good job. While we were grocery shopping on Sunday I snuck away to buy a card for him (first time in history of ever that I found a perfect card on my first attempt). Miracle of all miracles I was able to sneak it into the house, sign a cute little love note, AND hide it in his clothes for the next day without him even suspecting anything. He must've loved it because I got an extra kiss when he left that morning :)

Then after work I ran to the store again and got his favorite candy and ice cream, he may not feel like celebrating, but I wanted to make him feel special. So once I got home I handed him his surprises, which got a big smile in return.

So while he still has to wait for his real birthday gift and the stuff I got wasn't big, he still seemed to like that I thought about him on his day.

Larry, I love you so much. You and the kitties are my whole world! I know I say it a lot, but I don't think I'd be anywhere near as happy as I have been with you had you not come into my life. Every year that passes gives me new reason to be thankful that we've come out stronger, happier, and more in love than before. I know I can face any problems with you and that we are the perfect yin and yang to each other. You're the greatest in the world, I hope I am able to show you that each day.

I mean look how cute we are together (haha):













No comments: