Pages

Aug 24, 2014

30 Day Challenge Wrap Up

Okay, so a lot of things have happened so I'd really just like to wrap this challenge thing up, forgive me it will probably be long, but I want to post on other things now:

  • What I wore today: I'm not taking pictures because it didn't match at all, but it's Sunday and I had no plans to leave the house. With that I wore a black and white tank top (it is white with black and gray hexagon shapes all over it) with pink sweat capris. It was very comfortable and made lounging around the house easier :)
     
  • My Horoscope and if I think it fits: According to this site it says The day's general mood should fit quite well with your agenda, Sagittarius. There's no need to fixate on the negative. Keep things light and upbeat and worry about the consequences later. This is the time to be adventurous and explore. Don't let anyone else tell you how to run your show. You have a strong will and strong opinions, so don't be afraid to express either.

    And I have to say nope, doesn't fit at all. But I could be really biased, I saw this thing a while ago about how a guy proved that they write these to be so vague that they can fit anyone's life and so people find truths in them because they want to. I haven't been fixating on the negative lately, and I feel I've actually been very light and upbeat lately and there's no one to tell me how to run my "show". I do have strong opinions, but I'm sure a bunch of people do...sorry.
     
  • Something I always think "What If..." about: This one probably has to do with my dad. I always think what if I hadn't met him when I did. What if he had been in my life from the beginning. What if I ran into his family at the store (we lived 10 minutes away from them for like 12+ years and went to the same grocery store). I'm very content with our relationship (or at least I wouldn't want to see it changed in anyway that could make it negative), but it's interesting to think how I might be different had things not worked out the way they did.
     
  • Something that I'm proud of: This may seem silly but I'm extremely proud of the fact that I wasn't a teen mom. I've heard statistics saying if you're a child of a teen mom you're more likely to become one yourself. I told myself and was taught from my uber-smart mom that it's not something to take lightly and I'm glad I've done other things with my life to make any children we have be given amazing opportunities or have a great start to life. It's been a big one for me.
     
  • A problem that I have had: This is a hard one as I've felt really positive and happy lately. I'm not really sure what this one is looking for...I've had a problem with letting people walk all over me in life and being too scared of confrontation, but I think I've done really well with this lately and I'm much happier with being able to stand up for myself.
     
  • Five Items I Lust After: Easy, new wardrobe, new car, a vacation, a Nancy Meyers house, and thick hair (seriously). Since we're saving up for New York spending money has been completely removed from my life (other than lunches and gas, all the rest of my money goes into savings) so the first three are out (not that I need a new car...I just want one). I know we have a big one coming up, but we didn't take a just us vacation this year so it's felt weird. I've had cravings for one for some reason (it's a weird feeling). I'll always want a Nancy Meyers home, she writes them so warm and inviting...I hope I can have that one day. And thicker hair would be a dream come true for me...my hair is so fine and thin that I worry every time I color it or do any sort of chemical service. I just want it to be thick already!
     
  • My Fears: I'm skipping this one. I don't make fears public. I don't like the idea of letting people use them against me (I know I sound paranoid, but I just don't feel comfortable with that).
     
  • How I hope my future will be like: I hope for a lot when I think of my/our future. I hope we have as many kids as we can handle, I hope we have a nice house with a big yard for them to play in, I hope we are able to take annual family vacations that we will remember for forever, I hope my kids have what I had growing up (I was raised by my whole family, not just my mom, and I loved that). I hope we are all happy and healthy and none of my kids end up on TV (it's usually not a positive thing). I hope I'm able to go back to school and finish and (hopefully) do something in Psychology. I look forward to achieving it all.
     
  • My academics: I did really well in school, usually a B or A student. I rarely got C's, usually a 3.5+ GPA. I loved going to class and sitting in front, I usually tried to get teachers to remember me (I think that helps get better grades). I never cheated, I never really failed anything, and I always loved being in class. I still do like the idea of being in class, just hate the idea of writing papers.
     
  • Something that I miss: Oreo O's, and I'm completely serious. I used to love that cereal and I wish more than anything it would be brought back. I have it on my Amazon Wish List for one day (it only is made in S. Korea for some reason). I also miss days in Elementary school with recess and lunches and everything. It was definitely the best time of my life while in school.
     
  • Five words/phrases that make me laugh: I honestly don't think I have one for this...I'm sorry.
     
  • Something that I currently worry about: Again, I've felt very positive and happy lately so it's hard to think of worries I've had. Maybe I get worried that something will happen to make it so New York doesn't happen. We're planning on going next year and I get worried something will come up between now and then to make it impossible to go or that once we get there something will go wrong and we won't be able to make it work like how I want.
     
  • Things I like/dislike about myself: I like my sense of humor, I dislike the fact that I can't do anything to style my hair. I pride myself in making people laugh, but if you ask me to do anything, other than a ponytail, to my hair you'll be waiting a while...I just can't figure it out.
     
  • A quote I try and live by: I have two favorites. Live the life you love, love the life you live AND Be the star of your own life show. I really think these have helped me out a lot lately whenever an issue comes up for me.
     
  • Somewhere I'd like to move to or visit: I'd really like to move to Washington. Don't ask me why, I think it's the rain factor and the fact that you could have a forest in your back yard. I just have that state on a pedestal in my head for some reason...I'd love to be there. As far as visit I only have New York on my mind...I seriously can't wait for that trip!
     
  • Five weird things that I like: I like cats (I'm finding out that's weird for some reason), I like staying home and just watching movies (I'm such a homebody) especially if I can cuddle up with Larry while we watch them, I like dipping chocolate chip cookies in orange juice (YUM!!), I like talking to myself for no reason what-so-ever, and I absolutely LOOOOVE spreadsheets (I have a zillion of them on my work and home computers that I check regularly).
  • One thing I'm excited for: Right now it's actually the holidays. I'm SO exciting for Fall. Each morning I wake up and it's not at least September I get a little disappointed. I went out to get lunch today (I know earlier I said I didn't leave, but this was the only time and I did the drive up so I didn't get out of my car) and I heard birds chirping and all I thought was "no, go south so it can get cold already!" Haha I can't wait to decorate for Halloween, I can't wait to start Christmas shopping, I can't wait to go sledding and, possibly, trying out skiing. It's going to be a good one this year, I can just feel it.
So sorry it was rushed and a bit long, but I want to start doing regular posts again. I've got posts on our camping trip, a babysitting adventure, Larry's big hiking trip, and final summer "adventures" :)

Till next time...

No comments: