Pages

Aug 9, 2014

My Family

Woah...I really forgot about this blog and the 30 day post challenge thing for a bit there, sorry about that. Today's post is about: My Family

I feel like this will be a loaded one, I think I could write a long, albeit probably pretty boring to others, book about my family and all that that includes for me. Since there's a bit to tell and I feel differently about some of them most days, I'll just go with my immediate family: Parents and siblings (and Larry and me as my mini family, of course).

For my mom's side I have: my Mom, my Stepdad, Will, and three brothers (Andy, Shawn, and Colby - I believe that's the order oldest to youngest). I also have my sister-in-law, Amber, and my nephew, William (on Shawn's side). This side of my family is probably the side that I share my sense of humor with, we are always joking around and/or messing with each other. We're not the most emotional or mushy together, but we will have each other's backs no matter what. Considering how long I've known this side of my family they have the heaviest influence on who I am today and my values and I'm very proud of that. There's not a single thing I would change with this side of my family, I love each of them and am so happy that they are in my life. My mom is my best friend in life (next to Larry) and I can tell her anything and everything. My stepdad has taught me so much real life experience, but also not to take things too seriously. My brothers have their own lives and I hardly see them, but when we do we will laugh for hours! Amber is one of the best sister-in-laws and baby Will is so cute and funny it's hard not to love him right away when you meet him.

For my dad's side I have: My dad, Don, my "bonus" mom, Tracy, three sisters (Ariel, Tori, and JR - that definitely is the oldest to youngest order, I know that) and a brother (DJ). I also have one brother-in-law, Nathan (from Ariel's side), but no nieces or nephews yet...right? I met them when I was 21 years old and the last 5 years (Am I 26...is that right?) have been so much more fulfilled because of them. I never realized having this many more people and constantly adding family members would mean so much to me, but it really does. They love to joke around as well, in many different ways, but we still will laugh for hours. Some of my favorite memories are sitting around their living room and just talking, about anything and everything, especially when a card/board game is involved! I know we don't have the most conventional family and we didn't meet in any "normal" way, but I wouldn't change how we met or how our relationships grew one bit.

Of course for the closest side I have Larry and me and our kitties, I love this little family and house he and I have created. Marrying Larry and getting our cats have been among the best decisions I've made to date, but I know I've gone on and on about us before so I'll leave this short and sweet.

I think the only thing I would change about my families is that we don't live close by each other. My mom lives in Mississippi, two brothers are in Heber and one is in Taylorsville. My dad's side lives in Indiana, except Ariel who lives in Idaho with her husband. We are all scattered so it makes organizing any sort of family event really hard and I would love to see all of them much more than I do, but we make do in other ways. Either way, I'm a lucky girl when it comes to who I get to call family!

No comments: