Pages

Aug 18, 2014

My Opinion About My Body and How Comfortable I Am In It

Boy, we've had a bunch of busy weekends and days lately, I'll have a ton to catch up on once I'm done with this challenge thing (I realize I could update still, but I want to finish this thing first), so here goes with the next one: My Body

So this can be a tough one, I used to LOVE my stomach. Seriously, I never worked out but I was never ashamed to wear a bikini or a short top to show it off a little. Not to mention I loved wearing short shorts when we'd go on vacation (even though I'd constantly get the Daisy Duke nickname from my aunt). Then one day, BAM! Metabolism went out the window. Whoever told me that hits at 30 lied big time, because it was 23 for me (and if it goes again at 30 I'm in BIG trouble). I don't hate my stomach now, but I know it could be better. Why the heck are there muscles underneath the belly button that just never get smaller no matter what you do? I mean, come on! And I don't know where it came from, but one day I decided I didn't like my thighs or upper arms. And where did that stupid double chin thing come from? Oh man, nit picking can be exhausting. It's to the point that I don't own a pair of shorts and I think in the last two years I've gotten into a swim suit maybe four times. That all being said, I still love my body, it's not what I wish it was, but it's kept me in one piece all these years. It has scars that have some stories to them (some I love telling, others not so much), it has marks from all my donation days (I'm pretty proud of that!) and it has all the traits I've gotten from my parents (though I hate that I either have to straighten my hair or put it in a ponytail, and I could do with a few less freckles) and I love each little thing that reminds me of something from when I was younger to up to a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident and comfortable, but I think we all have days where we just want to look like Jennifer Aniston, but we just can't give up those dang brownies (those are my weakness at least).

I will say these days I do need to work out, but I love it more so now. I get a big high from running on the treadmill, and when I make time to do sit-ups, push-ups, and squats I feel so much more confident, and if I do anything extra (like swimming or hiking) I feel like a million bucks. I'm glad I don't need to do a lot to feel good, and I know it's a huge start to how I was two to three years ago.

So to summarize: I used to love things I don't like now, but I still love where I am today and continue to work to keep things maintained so I don't get too out of hand (with my love of sweets that's bound to happen). So that's where I'm at, till next time...

No comments: