Pages

Feb 21, 2015

A Jazz Game and then some...

Oh my gosh, I had the BEST sporting experience ever last night! Friday I got invited to my company's suite at the ESA for a Jazz game (basketball, for those unfamiliar). I've never been to a suite, much less THE Executive Suite!!! I was told that they have the best food and after being in the chairs there you never want to sit in the regular seats again, but I don't think I really comprehended the advise. I got to go with some fun people at my work: Paige, Rachel, and Victor who all made it fun and funny (Although, I do feel I may not have been on my A game that night as there were MANY awkward comments made, and I do apologize to them for that, but I still had fun!). It was pretty funny because us girls all rode up together and Victor came up later, so while we got in and waited for him we decided to just check out the suite first. Well we went up to the area where they are and the guy told us to just head left and we'd hit ours. Well my ticket said suite 18 (at least, I thought it said that), so we found suite 18 and went in. There was a lady there that was serving the food so we greeted her and started taking our usual girlie selfies and "look where we're at" pictures. Well after taking pictures, putting my jacket and purse away, and almost using the bathroom we realized we were in the wrong place. It turns out my ticket said SEAT 18, not Suite 18. So we hurriedly grabbed our stuff and headed out, glad the lady was gone and couldn't witness our blonde moment haha.


Pictures from the wrong suite :)


Turns out The Executive Suite is WAY fancier. It was bigger, had better food, and I think much better seats. The food was beyond amazing, the drinks were awesome, the waiters (is that what they are referred to in these??) were so nice and helpful, and the seats were so comfortable! The game was awesome too because we beat the Portland Trailblazers by...well I don't know the final score, but when we left in the 4th quarter with a minute to go we were up by like 12 so I'm sure we held up that last minute to win still :)

From the real suite
It's nice because I haven't been to a Jazz game in AGES! Like probably 10 years, but I used to be REALLY into the games. I think one season my mom had season tickets (or kept winning them or something, because we went to, what felt like, every other home game) and after that we never really went again. I didn't even know the players this time around, but I already found my favorite: #33 Booker. He was pretty awesome and had a high jump, I was just really impressed with him. So overall a nice experience, and it made me want to start going to games again...hopefully we can. If you ever get a chance to go in the suite, take it up!!

No comments: