Pages

Feb 26, 2015

The Oscars

Did anyone else watch The Oscars this year? I have to say I've never really been into award season, but this year I have watched almost all of them and I have loved getting into it. Unfortunately I haven't seen a single movie that is up for an award, but my Netflix list has been updated to change that. I made a joke to Larry that this year we need to see them before award season because I am getting hit with spoilers everywhere. The Oscars were fantastic, I watched the pre-show stuff on E! where they see all the fashion and interview all the A-List celebs and was in such awe! I would love so much to go to an awards show, even if it was just as a seat filler.


Here I was watching The Oscars with my Oscar (even though it was the Pre-Show I'm still counting it). I can't believe how many awards The Grand Budapest Hotel went away with. But I am SO SO SO happy that Eddie Redmayne won Best Actor, I wanted to see The Theory of Everything since I heard about it and I'm not sure why, but Eddie is becoming a quick favorite of mine. I'm very intrigued by his career so far and I hope he keeps making good choices. I first saw him Les Miserables and I loved him in that (I actually loved that movie way more than I thought I would!), so it'll be nice to see what else he comes out with. I think it was his award speech at one of the shows where he had just gotten back from his wedding and told his wife that they would continue their honeymoon after the award season and I thought "how sweet is that? She's willing to give up part of her honeymoon and he just appreciates the crap out of that!" After that I was a fan. Anyways, I just wanted to post about how excited I am for the awards season and can't wait to see what's coming out this year to watch for next year :)

No comments: