Pages

Feb 1, 2015

January

Wow that first month went by crazy fast! Did anyone else think so? I mean, mine might have to do with a combination of BUSY, busy work weeks and looking forwards to things later in the year, but it really rushed by. I wanted to do a quick update of things I was pretty happy about since the last time I posted:

  • We did SO good this month on making sure dishes were done quickly instead of just sitting in the sink waiting for the dishwasher or whatever. I think there was really only one or two times they weren't done right then and there, but I'm excited we've gotten into the habit of getting them done now (it's funny how things you get excited about later in life aren't all that exciting, huh?)
  • I'm officially done with our decluttering of the house. It took all month long and we still have to take our huge donation pile to the DI, but I'm happy to say it's done! We also sold a couple items so that was really nice and got rid of some stuff we really didn't need to be holding on to.
  • I got a new phone! Oh man was that months in the making. I used to have a Galaxy S3, and when I got it I didn't even try out other phones. I walked in telling them that's what I wanted. Well while I was waiting for them to activate it I played with the HTC One for a bit and thought I should've really compared the two before deciding on one, but I took the Galaxy anyways. I didn't like it from day one! I hated how it texted and it just always seemed to have issues. I think I might have gotten a defective one or something. Well this last weekend I decided enough was enough and we went down to the store and got me an HTC One and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! It takes pictures like a boss, the texting is so cool, there were a couple issues up front, but after a few updates (seriously there were like 5 in the first week!) it's finally up to what I wanted and it's the best! I definitely recommend this phone to others who like taking pictures and texting the most.
  • We decided to go to dinner last week (we usually always go on the 15th of each month as that day has always held something special to us, but this time it was just because I didn't want to cook haha) and while we were waiting for our table this little girl, that was about 4 or 5, came up to me to tell me I'm pretty. It completely melted my heart! Plus, it made me glad we did decide to go out. Kids are so adorable! Now Larry and I call each other pretty all the time haha.
  • I started playing my Castle game and boy did I get completely hooked on it! I wish all the shows I like had a game like that. I didn't want to stop playing it! It was a combination of the I-Spy stuff and solving a mystery using puzzles and clues. I'm sad to say I'm done with it now, but I didn't complete all the puzzles so I may create a new profile and do it again haha.
  • I kind of started working out again. I tell you skipping 3-4 months makes it so hard to go back, I don't know why I stopped and could just kick myself! Well Larry usually goes running on Mondays and Wednesdays and so I started going with him and doing the Fat-Burn cycle/option on the treadmills and those helped get me excited to get back in the exercise game. I've decided to start running with Larry now and also Saturday mornings. I never thought I'd be one to miss working out, but I really do! And I've got a cool new heart monitor watch thing to help me keep track!
  • This one is silly, but I've learned the therapeutic powers of music! I don't know that I need to go into specifics, but changing up what I listen to has really helped me de-compress at the end of the day. It's really made this already one of the best years I've had!
I guess that's all that really happened, besides more crazy work stuff. Now onto the stuff I'm looking forward to:

  • Now that decluttering is done I plan on going through the house and super cleaning it. I haven't been able to do that in so long so it'll be nice to get it done. With it just being the two of us it hardly needs to be cleaned that much as often (which is weird to me, because I'm used to cleaning like that once a week). I figure once a month should be good enough.
  • I was hoping to go sledding and skiing this month, but it looks like we're never going to have enough snow to get that done. Maybe next year? (I'm very bummed, I'd like to point that out,  because every winter I've seen people sledding and thought I want to do that so much! Now we finally have tubes to go with them and there's no snow)
  • Larry gave me a shopping spree for my birthday, but I didn't use it in December because of Christmas and January I was busy organizing our home and getting rid of stuff so I get to look forward to that in February as well.
  • There's a three day weekend in the middle of the month that makes me really excited. Larry and I talked about going to Vegas (I've been craving a mini road-trip or vacation lately), but I realized a certain movie comes out that weekend and I've been looking forward to that for like 6 months now so I think we'll skip Vegas for that and go another time.
  • I've noticed this last week I've gotten lazy and I think this is probably the timing of when I've given up on my resolutions in the past. Now that I recognize it I'm going to force myself through it and hopefully that will help me make changes.
  • The Superbowl is today! We've never watched it at our home, but I really enjoy watching it so that will be my evening. I think I'm actually going to watch the Kitten Bowl this year too because...well why not? They are adorable!
I think that's all I had for this. I hope everyone has had a good beginning of the year as well! Happy 1/12th of 2015 :)

No comments: