Pages

Feb 16, 2015

President's Day Weekend

Yes, I know this also happens to be Valentine's Day Weekend, but I get the day off for President's Day and so I'm really celebrating that :)

This weekend was so nice! I couldn't believe how much I needed a 3-day weekend until now. I feel it was pretty eventful as well.

Friday night we went to go see 50 Shades of Gray! Again, hate it all you want, but I absolutely LOVED the movie! I feel it held up pretty well to the books, only skipping minor details and only a couple ones I think were pretty major. I seriously didn't want it to end. I remember at one point thinking "oh no, it's probably going to end soon...no wait there where 3 scenes from the trailer that haven't been shown yet." Then 10 minutes later thinking "crap there were those three scenes, now it can end at any moment!" Seriously, those were my thoughts. The ending caught me so off guard because I had forgotten how the movie ended (spoiler alert, it ends with her leaving and that's it!), so that was upsetting, but I'm glad it left it open for the 2nd one, which I already can't wait to see. I told Larry as we were leaving that I already wanted to go see it again, and I still do! It's one I'm definitely owning.

I swoon!
Seriously, the actors did pretty well
With their roles.


Saturday, we FINALLY got rid of our junk pile from our de-cluttering! We had to go down to American Fork to drop it all off and then just kind of drove around and ended up lost in Orem...you say it can't happen, but that's not true. I mean, we were near the freeway so we could've gotten out at any time, but I was really enjoying seeing all the new areas I wasn't familiar with. After that we came home and relaxed for a while. I will say it's really nice to not have our big pile of junk in our home anymore. It made it feel more cluttered. Although, I feel like I'm still finding stuff we can get rid of, I'll wait till I'm ready to clean again before really deciding

Sunday is our usual laundry, grocery shopping, Skype with my family, and relax day so not much to report here.

Monday was only a day off for me so Larry worked as usual. But man, did I love sleeping in! It felt so nice. I just sat and watched movies off our DVR, took a nap at some point, bugged Larry while he worked, and texted my mom about DVR movies she was watching as well. It was soooo needed.



It was funny because Oscar was my shadow all day. If I was laying down he had to come cuddle with me, if I was walking around he'd be right next to me. Well at one point I had to go fill up gas, so I was literally gone 2-5 minutes. When I got home he came running up to me and Larry said he was meowing the whole time I was gone like he was looking for me.


I  know he looks angry with me in that picture, but that's only because he was "taking a bath" and I interrupted him for a picture, which he doesn't seem to like taking usually. Really he was my little cuddle bug.

So that was our whole President's Day Weekend. While Larry was upset to have to work while I had Monday off, he did remind me he has next Monday off to use up some PTO so I'm sure he'll be rubbing in my face that he got a 3-day weekend as well :)

Hope everyone else out there had a nice weekend!

No comments: