Pages

Feb 24, 2015

Cucina Toscana

Ok, so I'm not a foodie-type person, but oh man if you are I have a restaurant for you to try: The Cucina Toscana! I was lucky enough to be able to try this food, even though I 1) had never heard of this place before and 2) wasn't technically invited to the event, but still went haha.

Larry found out last week that his work was having a dinner for the Utah peeps since they had one in Chicago for all the local workers. Well the choices were between The Rooftop at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and something call Oceana (I think that's what it was). Well I was joking with Larry that if I got to go I was hoping it'd be the The Rooftop, but if I didn't then it could be Oceana since I had no idea what that was. Well then he found out it would be The Rooftop I started bugging him to find out if spouses could go because I knew their food was so yummy. Well the day of the dinner he had off to update his Military ID, but he happened to login in time to see it had switched to the Cucina Toscana, which I still hadn't heard about, and he said they didn't say it was only for employees so he assumed spouses could go. I immediately looked up the restaurant to see what kind of food it was and when I saw it was Italian and had a dressy dress code I was pretty excited to see what this place would be like.



Look how cute it is! It's this little restaurant downtown. I'm not sure how they found it, but I'm glad they did. I was so impressed because they had rented out a huge room and had fancy place setting for us ready to use and a cute little menu for our specific group.


I could've sworn I had seen other couples around the room so when one of the heads of the office, Jeb, came over to talk to us I mentioned how I was happy that I could come and be a part of this. I later learned that there were absolutely no other couples and I was the only spouse...talk about awkward! Oh well, that was at the end of the night, they had room for me, and I feel I was a pretty fun date. I ended up talking to Jeb more than Larry about travels, fun future plans, and even a little business (he asked about what I did and we started talking about future work plans). I was a little nervous to have someone so high up sit with us, but we ended up laughing a lot and seeing Larry in his work element with others was so nice (I hardly ever see Larry socializing with others so it's nice when I do get to see other sides of him), plus I couldn't help but beam when I saw how much they loved Larry and all his hard work. That's my husband folks! I wish I had taken more pictures of the night (we were looking pretty fancy, if I do say so), but I was enjoying the food and the company so much. It was a 4 course meal and every bite was amazing! I actually ate everything on my plate, even the vegetables! I hope I can go back one day and try other things, but if not at least I'll get to say I tried it once.

No comments: