Pages

Apr 16, 2015

Date Night

I'm sure I've mentioned it on the blog before, but the 15th has become our special night with Larry and me. We always make sure to have a date night on the 15th, not matter what. We switch off who picks and pays (except for birthday months. I pick, he pays in December and he picks, I pay in July). A few months ago Larry really wanted to go to this barbecue place down the street, Sean's Smokehouse. Unfortunately his day fell on a Sunday and, being in Utah County, everything seems to shut down all day Sunday. I was going to take him for my pick the next time, but I chose something else last minute. I can't remember what it was, but I'm sure I had a craving attack and went with that instead. Well April was Larry's month so he finally got to take me there.

The food was actually pretty good! I was very surprised, in a good way. I originally wanted to try the grilled cheese (because I've been craving cheesy stuff lately for some reason), but I talked to my manager who had eaten there and she said she got the brisket. I absolutely LOOOVE meat (I wish I didn't, but I do and it's my curse) so I decided then I had to go that route. I made mine a combo so we could share the drink and fries, but I almost didn't want to, it was all that good. I'm getting myself hungry now just thinking about it.

Look at all that meaty, fatty goodness haha

Unfortunately I ended up going way over my calorie goal from the MyFitnessPal App, but I figure one night a month for date night shouldn't count against me right? Haha

Overall, I'd recommend this place to others who like barbecue. My meat looks tiny in the picture, but with everything it was all so filling I didn't complain. The to-go containers were our salad, which was pretty yummy as well. Larry got ribs and baked beans and he seemed to really like it (I have a theory he just likes messy food, but so do I so who am I to talk? haha) I like our new date night tradition. We usually try a new place we've never been to before and it's been a nice experience so far.

No comments: