Pages

Apr 15, 2015

Spring Time?

Hey there! Remember when I posted this post about how it was nice and warm when it should've been Winter? Well now it's the opposite. We're supposed to be in Spring Weather, but look at what we had last night


So we've had nothing but wind storms lately, but yesterday definitely took the cake! It was so windy the trees all looked like they were going to blow away. At one point I was calling to make our eye doctor appointment when I heard the lady on the phone tell the other one to "go get it before it gets away." I asked her if the wind was blowing something away and she said "yeah, the license plate on her car" (Um, hello? That seems like there's pretty intense winds outside!). With all the wind there was a lot of dust in the air, so by the time I left and it was raining, it was more raining mud than water. The picture on the below right is the passenger window on my car covered in mud!

Unfortunately last night just happened to be when Larry had to go in for his physical for his work's Wellness plan so we had to go out again in the yucky mud rain storm. I made a joke that I hoped Larry's appointment would take until the rain stopped, I think I should've been more specific because as we were back in the doctor's office he left to fax in the form and came back to say he hoped we like snow because that's what was happening at that point!

We went in with rain (so I didn't wear any sort of jacket) and came out to snow. For some reason my phone identified this as "light rain" (HUH???). The bottom left picture is outside of Larry's car window. It was pretty awful to see this in April! The good news is Larry's checkup went pretty well. The doctor even let me see inside his ears so I could see what scarring on an ear drum looked like. He also told us we were a very beautiful couple and that he hoped we had many years of happiness (weird for a doctor, but I'll take all compliments that come our way haha).

I'll tell you though, the worst part is being in Utah, we're used to having crazy weather when the seasons change, but nothing like this (from today)


I don't think I've ever seen snow like this in April before. Say what you will about being in Utah and getting over it or used to it, this is just crazy! I hope it goes away fast. Weather reports say it should be nice by the weekend, and I so want to believe that. If you're not in Utah and you have nice weather right now, be ever so thankful! Haha

If you're new to Utah...Welcome! Always be prepared for anything here. Happy April everyone!

No comments: