Pages

Apr 5, 2015

"Hoppy" Easter

Haha I'm so clever...Hoppy Easter and all. Just kidding.

Anyways, today we got to celebrate Easter. Unfortunately all my plans for the day went awry, but it worked out in the end. I've been craving a trip to the zoo, I always do when the weather warms up. We were going to go with Jena and Cailyn, but they let me know yesterday that they weren't able to make it. I didn't feel like going as just us, since last time we did we weren't there for very long and it felt like it wasn't worth the gas or money to get in if we only spent an hour there (and that's a generous guesstimate on the time). I ended up texting my aunt and grandma to see what they were doing (I was hoping to convince my aunt to do the zoo, but I think she saw right through me) and my grandma ended up inviting us over for dinner (I'm pretty sure it was a pity invite, but still).

Dinner ended up being delicious, Andy came over so I got to talk to him about his birthday and if he wanted to get together, and I got to jump on the tramp with my cousins! I was hoping I'd get a chance to do the latter option because I desperately needed steps on my Fitbit AND I hadn't jumped in a long time and told them last time that I'd be over again soon to (I'm pretty sure that was last August-ish).

Plus I got to hang with my adorable new little cousin, Olivia.



Ignore the no makeup look, it was just dinner with the family after all. Isn't she adorable though? Such a chunk! By the way, when I say new, I mean newest...she's almost 5 months old now.

Anyways, the day ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I got to talk to my mom on Skype before dinner (just her and me, some weekends I like those Skype calls that are just us) and then seeing the rest of the family that I love made it even better. Anna and Abby taught me what they were learning in school and so we got to have fun with that. Anna had a new Zoo Song she sang to me (it reminded me a lot of "This Is The Song That Never Ends" haha) we also talked to her about how fun gym class is when you're her age (8). Abby is learning spelling so we had her spell simple words. She's really good so far, but both of the girls had a tough time spelling Jodi (apparently they both believe it should start with a G) and Larry (the rry seemed to throw them off). Overall a fun Easter. Though I do look forward to next year and hopefully we'll do the dinner at Larry's Uncle Thayne's house again like last year (because who doesn't love baby goats and fun time with kids on Easter?).

Thanks Family for the (pity) invite to dinner. You made it a fun (and yummy) day :)

No comments: