Pages

Apr 4, 2015

New York, NY

So we haven't left for our trip yet, and we still have quite some time before we do leave, but we've done a lot lately to get everything all ready. We've officially booked our flights and hotel, we've reserved our rental cars, and we bought our tickets for activities in each area we'll be visiting (at least the things we could prepay for) . If I could insert a huge smiley emoticon here I so would! We did this earlier this week so I forgot it happened until something showed up at our door step yesterday:


Our New York City passes showed up! I forgot I had checked to have those mailed out and so when I saw them I screamed so loud! It's so exciting how real it's becoming, even if we have a while still. Although there was a scary moment when we almost lost our Statue of Liberty tickets earlier in March, I almost really freaked out. I thought we had some time still, but I randomly decided to go check the dates I had scheduled for it and there was only ONE crown access ticket left for the whole day! They only had pedestal tickets left. I was so sad and they didn't have any tickets left over for any of the other days we'd be out there, I literally almost cried. Luckily, I have the best, most understanding husband. After he asked how important the statue of liberty was (I mean you absolutely can't go to New York and not see this monument, am I right?) he said he was willing to take a pedestal ticket and let me have the crown one that was left over. So we were able to get them scheduled at the same time, and he offered to hold all my stuff I might have (because you can only go up with a camera) while I enjoy the view from the top. I'm sad we can't go together, but at least I'll be able to go to the top and get some (hopefully) good pictures to show him.

You can see in this how high up the Pedestal still is
Those little things at the bottom are all people.
I guess it's good that I now have this Fitbit because it's going to be a lot of steps and I'm sure we'll be walking around a lot in the city. If you're thinking you might want to get one, you should! It sets you for a goal of 10,000 steps a day, and just trying to hit that has helped me consistently lose weight every day so far. It hasn't been like a pound a day, but since I started using it last week I've dropped almost three full pounds so far. It's very helpful and very much recommended. Now my plan is to get colored wristbands for it so I can make it match my outfits each day haha.

No comments: