Pages

Dec 21, 2016

20 Weeks - We're Halfway There!


Picture was edited AFTER we knew gender...sorry for the spoiler

How far along? 20 Weeks - The halfway point I never thought we'd get to! Haha! (Also, the size of mango)

Maternity  Clothes? I was given a pair by a co-worker that might work. They are large so I'll probably fit in them. Also got some amazing sweats from my mom for my birthday that are just the absolute best! I wish I could wear them to work, it's making me think I might try leggings.

Sleep? I sleep so well when I do, but once 3 AM hits and I have to pee and switch sides all the time it's harder. Although now that I know BB isn't only on my left side it makes me feel better about sleeping on that side (I was worried about squishing him/her before)

Best moment of the week: The big ultrasound for sure. The lady beat the crap out of my stomach so that wasn't as much fun. But watching BB wiggle his/her butt and gulp some lovely amniotic fluid was amazing. Also seeing the legs and arms and feet and hands was awesome. BB has some large feet (in my opinion, so it looks like he/she got that from me), wiggly fingers, and the cutest toosh I ever saw (seriously, want to kiss it...is that weird? Haha) I'm pretty sure I'll be bruised, but as long as BB is okay it was worth it!

Look at that mean face! I love it!
Our little acrobat
Also, BB is still the little prankster. I mentioned before the appointment that I was kind of sad that this would be our last ultrasound, but they usually don't request more unless something is wrong so I'm okay with it being the last for that. Well turns out BB didn't want to show ALL of the heart so we have to do another one at our next appointment just so the Dr can get some good pics. He/She is such a little prankster. The HR was 142 ish so it was really strong and blood was flowing as it should. They also mentioned that the fingers were stretched out, which is good, because babies who have issues usually clench their fists. He/She would flutter them about a bit so that was so adorable. I'm seriously so in love with this baby!

Miss Anything? I guess if I had to say something I miss not having to go to the bathroom all the time. But not having periods kind of makes up for that haha

Movement: Yes! I get a couple days of lots of wiggles and then a couple days of lighter stuff, but we definitely get wiggles. It's the best! Larry thinks it's just twitches, but I'm sure he'll feel what I mean soon enough. He/She is a tough cookie so far and really packs a punch!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new.

Gender: Oh man we have to wait until Sunday now! We got our outfit from Buy Buy Baby and now it's just sitting on the fireplace waiting to be opened...calling my name! I thought it would be easy to resist, but it's harder than I thought. Can't wait for that already! The feet make me think BB is going to be a girl though...we'll see!

Labor Signs: Nope, feeling great!

Symptoms: As usual - peeing, hunger, back pains. That's about it.

Moods: Crying a lot still. I'm chalking this up to this week being an emotional one as it was when we lost the last baby so it's one I've been anxious for since finding out we were pregnant. I just want to get through it and hope that the crying relaxes a little after Christmas.

Looking forward to: Officially knowing the gender!! I'm officially crazy for thinking this would be a good idea haha.

No comments: