Pages

Dec 26, 2016

Baby Girl Shopping

So today was supposed to be the day we spent doing my birthday activities and what I wanted to do was go shopping for BB (also now referred to as Little Lady since w already have a Baby Girl in the home). We started with some house stuff shopping, because that's one of my favorite parts of our days off now haha. We then went out to lunch at Leatherby's (a birthday tradition in our home) and then to Buy Buy Baby.

Wow! Let me say how I did not prepare myself for a girl at all! I mean I'm so very excited, but seeing the clothes I started freaking out about her growing up way too fast, becoming a teenager, and suddenly hating me haha. It's so silly, but I was really freaking out. I started crying because I'm such an emotional wreck lately and Larry comforted me letting me know I was being silly and we'd be okay. We then went to look at nursery bedding ideas because we needed to come up with a color scheme (so many people had kept asking for it so I knew it was a #1 priority for this stop), but I had such a hard time finding one I just absolutely loved and felt so overwhelmed I started crying again. Luckily Larry's been amazing about how emotional I've become so he just stood there with me waiting for me to compose myself.

I decided I liked the more yellow, green, and brown color scheme, but Larry found a bed set with animals on it. I knew I wanted to think of a color scheme and then just add animals to it (the biggest thing is we want our kid to love animals and traveling). I liked the idea of an animals bedding, but the one he picked seemed so busy. Then the next part just melted me:

Larry: but if we had this we could teach her about animals. When putting her to bed I could show her each one. "Do you like the giraffe?", "Do you like the elephant?", "Do you like the monkey?"

I mean picturing that in my head how could you NOT just fall in love with that idea? I immediately loved the idea of having an animal bedding, but I wanted one a bit more feminine so I found one that had a bit more pink to it (pink isn't my absolute favorite, but I had to have a little bit of pink or purple). We also found some transitional cribs we liked. We only left with a cute little love bug outfit and a blanket that went with the bedding just as a start.

After that we went to Barnes & Noble (I had a gift card to spend there) and found some books we wanted. We also looked at all the areas so of course kid stuff came up and we found some fun books, brain quizzes, and hobby kits we can't wait to try out with BB. Now that we've found things we like and I'm getting more ideas for the nursery I'm in Little Lady Baby heaven! Life could not be greater at this point. I'm so excited to meet this girl and kiss her all over!

Now to get ready for the New Years! I'm still in Christmas mode, but I can't wait for the fresh start and the beginning of award season :) It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: