Pages

Mar 22, 2017

33 Weeks



How far along? 33 Weeks (OMG we are REALLY coming along aren't we?! Also, she's the size of a Celery...ew!)

Maternity  Clothes? I finally caved and got a couple new shirts and some skinny jeans. While I wasn't fond of the idea of the skinny jeans, they are just going to help me wear other shirts (and not look like I'm just wearing XXL clothes haha). Besides, Buy Buy Baby was having a buy 3 get 1 free sale and so I found a cute shirt for my shower and a couple other shirts so I figured I'd get some jeans since something would be free. Plus some of my shirts were getting too tight and being uncomfortable makes me REALLY irritable these days (surprise surprise) so I figured I should do something about that.

Sleep? Just like normal, once I get comfy I can sleep REALLY well, but sometimes getting comfy is harder. We were working on doing stretches to turn her around, but those were hurting my belly and effecting my sleep so I'm going to assume she'll turn on her own now to keep my sleep sanity haha. I've also learned if I don't get enough sleep I get really irritable (again, surprise surprise).

Best moment of the week: I have another list for this week
  • We finally got our glider ordered...yay!! It's the last of the big things until after the shower!
  • We got our guest room finally completed (not really a pregnancy related thing, but it's something I wanted done before my mom comes to visit for the shower!)
  • We're getting a lot more of the shower items crossed off. While I'm super nervous to be center of attention, I'm getting excited to have everyone come see the house and visit for a bit. Plus mom and I are going to go see Beauty and the Beast while she's here :)
  • We got a huge part of what I'm calling our "May shopping list" done. I want to bulk up on as much as we can before she gets here so that we don't HAVE to go to the store unless it's super needed or something that would've expired too soon and we need to get more. I made a list of ingredients to our favorite recipes, things for snacks for while I'm nursing, and then just every day essentials (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.) so hopefully we'll be good for the first month. Even though it'll probably be so warm I'll want to get out of the house more
  • Speaking of it being so warm, this past week was SO nice! I didn't even need to wear a jacket most of the time, I LOVED being outside for a little bit (still can't be out too long or I swell even more). I can't wait for this summer and taking BB on little walks with us!
  • We met with a pediatrician that we really liked and we should be going with (I don't see why we wouldn't at this point), got pre-registered for the hospital (thanks to them for calling me about getting that set up), got our newborn photographer booked and a deposit paid, and got more shower items crossed off the list. It's been a productive week for sure!
Some days it's a chore to just get dressed
This was a really warm day so a tank and jeans
It is with a hat over my gross hair haha
Miss Anything? Um...nothing more than usual I feel like. I can't wait to be able to sleep on any side again or not feel cervix punches/kicks (those are probably my least favorite part of this whole thing). Or I can't wait till I can wear my ring again, I miss that. I also can't wait till the medical bills stop coming in haha. But other than that I'm just getting more excited about things.

Movement: Oh yes! She LOVES my belly button, loves poking it out and punching at it and everything. I've figured out she seems to like when I sit on the couch. I don't know if it's because I can finally relax or if she can feel me just get calmer, but once I sit on the couch she'll start moving quite a bit. She also seems to like car rides, she'll get a bit more active if I'm in a car. She even gets these quake like movements...almost like a seizure, but I looked it up and apparently this is normal. She's not epileptic, just gets in moods where she needs to shake haha.

Cravings/Aversions: Still with the ice cream, I finally got a big thing of it when going grocery shopping so now I can have it throughout the week when I really feel like I need it (bad days are the worst without ice cream!)

Gender: We have a little lady swimming around :)

Labor Signs: Still nothing, and I hope it stays that way for at least 4-5 more weeks!

Symptoms: Swelling, cervix kicks causing those jolt-like feelings, exhaustion, irritability, I think I'm feeling it all now.

Moods: I'm working on making sure I get enough sleep and wear comfy clothes to avoid my moodiness. Poor Larry had to deal with a crazy wife on Friday when I got mad because he didn't notice I had come home so I just sat on the couch for a while until I started to cry because it had been so long. So he comes out sees his wife is not only home but having some crazy melt down on the couch over this. It got pretty intense, but he's a great hubby and made me feel better really quickly (I was mostly irritated at my work day being long). I'm sure he has a countdown for when BB gets here and I can go back to normal haha.

Looking forward to: My next midwife appointment next week, getting the glider in, and crossing more off of our "to-do" list for BB :)

No comments: