Pages

Mar 5, 2017

Good Daughter Practice

This past weekend we got to have a fun time practicing having a daughter...granted she was 10 and so easy to entertain, but still! I'm all about preparing ahead of time :)

The story behind this is my aunt came over so we could get the shower invitations ready to be mailed out (printed, cut, stuffed in envelopes, etc.) and she brought her three girls with her (2, 7, and 10) so we also got to see what it would be like with THREE children haha. We had fun showing off the new furniture, letting everyone feel the belly, and eating lunch (with a side of ice cream...yum!). Also, look how cute these invitations are:


It was at our house so this has been edited
To have my address and the phone #'s
Removed, but you get the idea
I love them because they match the animals/coloring in our nursery. This shower should be really fun, I know I'm looking forward to it. Anyways, while we were doing that, the girls were watching movies (or so we thought). The two older girls were watching a movie while the younger one decided to help us redecorate.



Good thing she's cute and we have some backup paint to cover the black marker. The older one (Anna) decided she wanted to sleep over. I was okay with it as long we had middle ground to meet up at the next day, I was excited to see how our new guest bed ranked (turns out our couch is so comfy that's where you end up falling asleep, although she did say she ended up in the bed at one point during the night and thought it was comfy).

After Cindy left, Anna wanted to watch movies on Netflix so we ended up doing that all night long. She put on Nacho Libre (which I avoided watching because those kind of Jack Black movies don't interest me), Zootopia (WAY cute movie!!), Home (MUCH cuter than I thought it would be), and Fern Gully (which we all BARELY made it through, and by barely, I mean she passed out on the couch while we struggled to get to the end before we went to bed).

 




It was pretty cute because Anna was obsessed with being next to Larry pretty much all night. When she wasn't next to him she was rubbing my belly and talking to "Emily" (her name for BB). She would climb on him, get tickled by him, sit right up next to him. It was so cute seeing them together (he's always been SO good with kids).

When we got up I thought it would be a fun idea to make waffles. I love our new waffle maker and I try and do that when we have new guests stay over so no more excuses needed. Anna is the sweetest and wanted to help, and I have to say it was so nice having a little helper! It made me excited for when BB gets older and her and I can bake/cook together :) I have lots of fun ideas with BB and hopefully she's as excited to help as Anna was!

Ignore my morning hair :/

 
After waffles I had to go take a shower and get laundry started so I went upstairs to do that, when I came back down I saw her and Larry on his computer watching Simon's Cat videos on YouTube...does it get any cuter than this:


I seriously cannot wait to see him be a dad to a daughter...he's going to be the absolute best at it! He's such a great uncle already, kids are obsessed with playing with him. I love it! Anyways, that was our weekend of daughter practice. I have to say it was very successful (when the kid asks to live in your house because it's so big and awesome you know it's a good fit!) and I'm glad we got the chance to have her over. Hopefully we'll have the other kids over at some point in the future.

No comments: