Pages

Jun 18, 2018

4 Months (weeks 14 - 17)



Compare/Contrast: So this time around the sickness has been MUCH different. I haven't thrown up in a long time, but I can't stay up too late still. The closer to 10 PM it gets the worse I feel (at least towards the end of the month that got to be a bit better as well), but other than that as long as I eat all day I feel okay. I did switch from more candy to more fruits and veggies to make the constant eating better for me and for this lil minion. Having the Doppler this time around has really eased my mind since I don't get the constant ultrasounds like last time.

I didn't start to feel the tiny movements until around 16 ish weeks, instead of around 13 weeks like I did with Cara so either I'm busier and have a harder time feeling it, I made it up last time, or this baby might be smaller or moving a different way than Cara did.

My dreams this time around are much different too. More random type dreams and less vivid...but they are very weird. I've also been WAY more hormonal/annoyed this time around (but I still cry just as easily as I did last time) and the acne is still out in full force. The good part though is I've been able to be more active this time around. When I'm feeling good I actually play with Cara, I can walk around stores more/easier than last time (haven't gotten the sore back like I did with Cara), and I don't sleep nearly as much as I did last time. I am getting winded when walking around lately so that's been fun, I forgot about that feeling, but I still do what I can to keep up. It's amazing how much more lax I feel this pregnancy, I remember being worried about doing anything and everything the last time, but this time I'm like "you're fine, the baby is fine, everything is fine!"

Oh and pregnancy brain...that is in FULL force this time around. It's amazing how bad I am at remembering things or doing things the normal way and how my mind slips. I can forget things in a record amount of time...it's almost pathetic! Of course, at least I'm not making up words (like "inducement" last time haha).

Best Moments This Month: I do the Doppler every Saturday (although I will do it during the week if I feel weird) and the heart rate has been constantly between 140-160 and it's been so fun to find it and hear it for reassurance. I also like that I've been feeling better and not as sick.

I did have my 16 week appointment on the 11th and everything was looking good. But this Dr office doesn't do anatomy (*ahem* gender) until closer to 21 weeks instead of 20...so now we have to wait even longer for that, but we did get it scheduled for July 16th so not TOO much longer at least.

We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on the 15th and that weekend was really awesome: a nice dinner night out with all of us, then ice cream on Saturday, then our movie night (Ant Man) - I had my left over ice cream and root beer - just a good weekend overall.

We're starting to plan our vacations for next year. We've got our one for when this baby is 7 months old (since that's going to be our tradition) and then another road trip one. I'm actually looking SO forward to both of these!. Plus we're going to plan a couple more for this year still.

Also, we got a little pool (it's probably only like 2.5 feet deep, but like 6-7 feet across) for our backyard and so that with the tramp (which Larry built) and the water activity table... well let's just say we have some fun outdoor things going on so we've been outside a lot this summer and it's been feeling so great!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Now that I'm getting closer to when I felt movement last time I'm excited to start feeling that more. Also, my next appointment on the 16th!! We'll finally find out Boy or Girl (it's really weird that I'm feeling very strongly in both directions). I really can't wait to start planning on telling more people about this little person!! It's almost slipped so many times so it'll be nice when I'm not in hiding anymore (this is the last time I wait till we know gender to announce!).

No comments: