Pages

Jun 10, 2018

Cara's First Baseball Game

So one thing I've been so excited about having kids is to take them to baseball games! I absolutely LOVE going....Larry could take it or leave it (he's not a "sit in the sun around large groups of people" sort of person), but I absolutely love them! I figured Cara might be old enough to go to her first one and sit through it well enough and when I saw a game for the middle of the day on a Sunday (so we wouldn't be out too late with Cara) I figured it was a good enough time to try it out!



First off, I'll say that even though I couldn't watch most of the game because we had such a wiggle-worm with us it was still such a good time! Cara made it throughout the whole game...or at least as long as we were there. The game went into OT, but we only stayed for the 9 innings because she was SO ready for a nap AND we needed to get our groceries that I had scheduled for pick up.




We did end up getting seats right in the sun, but we noticed the row at the very top was completely empty and in the shade so we went up there (bonus: it had a nice fan on so there was even a cool breeze blowing around that area). We were able to sit about 6 chairs away from each other (Larry and I) and we just let Cara walk along between us - she seemed to be occupied enough with that. She also did good when we gave her her pouch of food or would randomly sit on Larry's lap to relax (didn't last long, but she did it pretty frequently). I wanted to get lots of snacks for her to try, but stuck with fries and a water to share with her...baseball stadium food is just too expensive to go all out on!

Crazy hair from the sunscreen
But letting her walk around was a
Life saver!
It was disappointing to see we didn't score one point during OT (we "watched" the game on my phone as we drove away), but it was still fun to say we got to take our little girl. I'll definitely wait till she's older (maybe 3?) to take her back, but I hope she'll love going with me and it can be a fun summer tradition (especially if we go when there are fireworks!).

The cutest part of the whole thing? There was a family with a little boy (probably about 2 ish) a couple rows in front of us and Cara became obsessed with watching him walk back and forth and he seemed just as interested in entertaining her as she was watching him. It was so cute to see them kind of flirt, but that family didn't seem to like him being near us or something so I couldn't get any pictures or video of her watching him...too bad!

No comments: