Pages

Dec 28, 2020

2020 Goals - How did I do?

My check-in for my 2020 goals:
  • Perfect doing a French braid. I wish I had a better update on this one. I originally wanted to accomplish this one before Lucy was born so that I could do that to my hair when I went in to have her. I practiced a lot, but just couldn't figure out how to do it well enough to leave the house feeling like I looked good. I'm sure I could practice this more and get there, but it'll take quite a bit of work.

  • Learn how to make an omelet. Check! This one I actually figured out the first time I did it. I'm not successful EVERY time, but I understand it and I'm very happy with how I do it.

  • Start and keep to a skin care routine. So my skin isn't as great as my babies (obviously...hello 30 years of sun damage is probably not completely reversible). However, I have done GREAT with doing masks a few times a week and washing my face basically every night. I also make sure to lotion up my feet each night to keep them soft and smooth. I'm pretty proud of my work on this one. This one is already part of my routine so the goal kept with me.

  • Read more. Hahaha I did read more, but definitely DEFINITELY didn't get all my magazines read...I honestly don't know why I keep getting them. But I did get SOME read and one or two of my books. I think this will be a "to be continued" goal for me.

  • Learn more about football. Yeah...I didn't really do this like I had hoped. I learned more through watching and asking Larry about it, but I still don't understand more of it than I used to. This one might be on next year's goals.

  • Work more on the house. So I started this one and got a lot of organizers for the pantry and got the kitchen cleaned out...and then I ran out of extra money and realized this one will be a slower goal to accomplish. I hate that, but I'm glad with what I got done in the pantry.
    .
  • Stick to weekly plan. This is 50/50. I did great on weekly planning during the week, but weekends are still a little up in the air.
I obviously didn't stay on top of the blog (I typed posts up, but actually posting them always takes me so long. So sorry about that. I didn't do the greatest with complimenting strangers, but that was mostly due to not seeing strangers as much this year. We didn't do any sort of vacation and our one we were planning for February probably isn't going to happen. I had a lot of ambitions for this year and then everything happened and threw everyone off of what they were expecting. While there is a bit of a sadness with that, at least most of my goals could be accomplished at home without needing to be out and about, so that's at least good haha.

I feel like I might need a do over for the year though...anyone else?

No comments: