Pages

Dec 12, 2020

That time I took Cara to the movies - and we stayed the whole time

So I may have mentioned taking Cara to see a movie a while ago (we went to see Ugly Dolls, but only made it maybe 30 minutes into it before we just left). Even though that wasn't the best experience I knew I wanted to try again. 

Luckily, I knew our Cinemark in Americna Fork had some really comfy seats and with the right snacks and blankets I could probably get her to sit still for a whole movie (she's been doing REALLY well with family movie nights lately) so I tried another attempt. Croods 2 has been advertised and she loves the first one so I figured it was perfect.


We ended up going to a showing during nap time (she never really needs a nap anymore so I knew she'd be okay). We got us some snacks and got comfy in our recliners and waited for the movie. I was nervous with potty training, but she's done so good with it that I wasn't TOO worried, I just told her at the beginning that she just needed to let me know if she needed to go and I'd take her. 

She ended up stealing the popcorn and leaving pieces every once in a while on the arm rest for me haha. But whatever works, right?

We luckily made it about 90% of the movie just fine and then she wanted to go potty so I took her real quick. She must have thought it was cool because the remaining portion of the movie we went back and forth between the theater and the bathroom. But it was fine, at that point you kind of knew where the movie was going so I didn't feel it was TOO important.

The movie excitement wore her out on the way home

I'm so looking forward to more movie days with this girl - movies are one big thing I miss from our days before kids so this is so much fun to have a kid old enough to enjoy being at the theater again. And this movie was REALLY cute too!

No comments: