Pages

May 27, 2023

Bear World Trip: Driving to Rexburg

Okay, talk about a trip I've been looking forward to since...well, since, the last time we went to Bear World and, then when we had kids I thought it would be so much fun to take them to it. So when we went to Idaho almost 2 months ago and I kept seeing signs for Bear World, I thought "ooh! We should do this soon!" Then, after we got back, I got a surprise bonus at work and I could use it for an AirBNB gift card so I decided that now was the best time to do this. So I got on AirBNB and checked for this Memorial Day weekend and found a great place and bam! We're going to Bear World!

To start, I got all the packing done last night (and I did SUCH a great job with packing and keeping it to the last minute so I didn't let it derail my whole week). Then, this morning I did a quick Savers run with our donation items. I got our car packed up with all our packed items (and I didn't overpack). Afte rlunch we grabbed some road movies and headed out.

Our drive to Rexburg was really smooth. A couple of our movies didn't work in the DVD player (which was unfortunate), but after a couple different tries, I finally got a movie to work. We didn't need to make any stops and we got right to our AirBNB right in time to unpack and do a quick grocery run and head out to dinner. I love how this place is SUPER cute and there are lots of kids and play areas right out our front door, which is super convenient. We quickly unloaded the car and then headed out for gas, groceries, and dinner.

While we were at the grocery store this older man was obsessed with our kids. He kept saying how adorable they are and how much trouble we'll be in the future and then told us how he married out of his zone and showed us pictures of his wife and kids. It was pretty sweet, and I never get sick of getting compliments on our kids.

We went to a BBQ place nearby for dinner. The food was okay, mine was extremely greasy, but Larry loved his ribs. And luckily, also nearby, was the gas station so we could feel up right then as well.

After all that, we came back to our "home" and let the kids play outside with the kids. We had some bubbles left over (for if we had to make a pit stop) and so we let them all play with those and they had so much fun! Pierce became obsessed with the boys (it was his first time seeing boys closer to his age so I think he was really excited) and the balls they had to play with haha.



After playing for a while, we got the kids ready for bed (which went partially okay), and then headed downstairs to watch our movie for our date night. We ended up going with The Jungle Cruise, which was pretty cute. Now that we've finished that, we're pretty exhausted and we're just going straight to bed. It was a good first day and I'm so glad our kids can handle this long of a drive (a nice preview for our Legoland trip, maybe??).

No comments: