Pages

May 29, 2023

Leaving Idaho

So while this was a short trip, I knew I wanted to take advantage of all our time in Idaho and not just make it a "drive up, do Bear World, drive home" sort of thing so I knew I wanted to hit up the zoo (because the Idaho Falls zoo is pretty small and there's always a Groupon deal for it so I figured it would be a good thing to do before we head home) and then Stace told me about this awesome Memorial Day Flag tribute at a local park that would be good to take the kids to that (I'm BIG on teaching the kids why we celebrate certain "holidays", especially ones to do with veterans/soldiers) so I knew that was going to happen.


We cleaned out our AirBNB, packed up, and checked out to head to the zoo. It was a nice, quick visit to let the kids walk around and see some cute animals. 

Sorry babe, but this was the only shot with all the kids looking

Then we headed over to the park for the flag tribute and it was really cool to really see that. It had 1,000 flags and some of them were dedicated to certain soldiers so we could teach the kids about the symbolism of the flag, the meaning of Memorial Day, and how important soldiers are to us. It was a great stop.



We then drove around looking for lunch (which was NOT an easy feat....most places were closed, Denny's was open but their kitchen was broken so it had like a 2 hour wait...we ended up at Chili's) and then hit the road. We got home just in time to relax and unpack at home and get things set for the week.

Overall it was an amazing trip, especially for how short it was, but it was so nice as a mini getaway. I am very happy we got this chance to go. My kids love bears and flags now haha.

No comments: