Pages

Mar 4, 2012

Bahamas Baby!

Our day on the island was the most beautiful day! Even now that we're back I wish we had more time to enjoy it, I would've traded all our days in Orlando for more time on that island. I definitely want to go back. We had our scuba tickets, but we couldn't meet and get off the ship till 11:45 for that, so we decided to sit out on the deck and enjoy the scenery, sunshine, and comfortable breezes. After about an hour we decided playing table tennis would be fun to pass the time so we started that (Larry said that was one of the things he remembers from when he went on cruises as a kid and it was the funnest things he remembers so I wanted to have a game between us so he'd have new memories with me). On our way back to our room to get our tickets and medical releases for the scuba diving we found out it got cancelled because the wind was blowing too hard. I was really disappointed, the one thing I said I needed to do on the island was scuba diving, so to find out it wasn't going to happen was a bit sad. They ended up saying they'd refund those tickets and offer us a day at the Lucaya resort for free (this normally did cost money, but since they cancelled everything last minute they didn't charge us). They even had a bus waiting to drive us to the resort on the beach where we could swim in the ocean (something I've never done), and we could shop, eat, and walk around their market area nearby. As much as I really wanted to do the scuba diving, I can't say I hated this trade. The beach was beyond beautiful. We walked around the marketplace, where I learned how pushy the little store "owners" can be...whoa! We eventually found this cute little cafe that had sandwiches that were just about the best food I had on this whole trip! Major plus, they had sodas with real sugar in it too. Larry wanted to get a Sprite, but they were out so he ended up getting this cool Bahama soda stuff in a crazy cute can, of course I took pictures of that! Side note: the houses, shops, everything are so freaking colorful in the Bahamas, AND in case anyone is looking, they said a single-family house with 3 bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, everything was average $85,000 AND they drive on the left side, too bad I couldn't live outside the U.S. I'd almost want to start looking there!
After lunch we just got back on the ship to relax before dinner. It was an awesome day on the island, leaving was hard to do. We did make new friends at dinner who were really nice, didn't get their names, but they make you share tables so we were lucky to sit next to people who didn't make it awkward.

Pictures (until I can figure out how to load my videos) from the island day:

One side view from the ship

Our lounge/breakfast area, so comfy and such a pretty view

Again, CAN'T get enough of that water!

This was a view of the island once we were one
(Also, that's the Carnival ship I want to try next time)

The Atlantic Ocean!!


Showing our love in front of the Ocean :)

This is how colorful EVERYTHING was on the island

The cute little juice they had on the island (it looked and kind of tasted like Mtn. Dew)

No comments: