Pages

Mar 7, 2012

Island of Adventures Day

After experiencing what we did the previous day I was so excited to get to Universal Studios. We decided to do the Island of Adventures first since it had more outdoor coasters and I thought I read Monday would be worse weather and I didn't want to miss any.
Lucky for us our hotel was close enough to the park grounds that they had a free shuttle to and from the park, but only one time there and two times back, but both of these were after the park closed. When we got there the park was nice and cool and breezy (almost a weather theme for this trip it seems so far), pretty nice weather for us! I thought for sure the Harry Potter rides would have the longest lines so we started at the front and worked our way back to that one. The Hulk and Dr. Dooms Freefall were way fun, but Harry Potter "land" was done up so amazingly! It was extremely detailed. Only two rides were ones we were interested in, so we did those and they were so fun we decided to do one twice (the only reason we didn't do the other ones twice was because it was a kind of indoor ride and the other one was two rides on two tracks riding simultaneously so we wanted to ride both tracks and the indoor one was pretty memorable enough). The lines were so short and the day was so dead that I think we ended up riding all the "high-thrill" fun ones twice and still got done around noon. Instead of waiting 7 hours for the shuttle to come get us we ended up walking (yes, more walking) back to the hotel, only took us about 45 minutes. I joked with Larry if I'd have known how much walking we'd end up doing I wouldn't have volunteered to do that big one on the first day.
Even though it was short, we got in a nap and had a lot of fun still and I know, at least, I didn't miss a thing at the park!

I took more video than pictures, but here's what we got from this day:
The entrance to the whole park

Island of Adventures entrance.

In the background you can see a loopy roller coaster-
That's The Hulk..so much fun!

This was from our walk back to the hotel,
I thought it was pretty.

The Universal Orlando sign I saw on our walk as well.
Look! I finally got a video on this!! Yay, this one shows the Harry Potter Land (though it's just a small section of it). Sorry if it's loud, but I'm glad I finally got one up!

No comments: