Pages

Mar 8, 2012

Universal Studios...officially

Our last day before leaving. As much as I missed our cats and home, I really wanted to stay. The sun sure made it hard to want to go back to 40 degree weather.
Just like the day before, we took the shuttle from the hotel to the park. I didn't realize how different the two parks could be. I loved the real Universal Studios, seeing how they created the twisters in the movie Twister, disasters in other movies, horror makeup, and we got to ride the Simpson's Ride (probably my favorite), Terminator 2: 3D, The Mummy, and the Shrek 1.5 4D rides. They also had this roller coaster where they record you throughout the whole ride-we laughed so hard at our reactions, well, mine, mostly. I almost wish, now, that we had bought the DVD (I didn't even want to look at prices, knowing how high they tend to be). I think I liked this side a bit better, it was more interactive. We also found this way cute 50's diner to eat lunch at-it was SO good, a bit pricey, but good nonetheless.
Once again, we ended up finishing the park early, and we were SO tired at this point, we decided to walk back, it was a bit more warm this day so it wasn't as "easy" as the previous day, water and hats probably would've been a bit more helpful.
We added it all up and we found out we walked a total of 10 miles and climbed up well over 300 stairs on this trip, so we definitely got some exercise in, which is good because we countered it with a TON of junk food!

Some pictures/video from this day:

At the Terminator 2:3D ride with our
Way cool 3D glasses :)

The Universal rotating planet!!

The cute diner we ate at.

The ride that recorded you.
That straight up and curve down
Was more scary than I thought it would be!
They had a Hollywood Star Walk of Fame there, thought that was interesting since I made sure that was a spot we stopped at in California. It was a dirty part of California so I wonder if I had skipped that part. Maybe we'd have actually seen all the San Diego Zoo!



Overall, we had a lot of fun on this trip. It was a bit more stressful during some parts though. I learned a lot about why I like planning things, and we got a good idea of how we want a real cruise, with our own control over room and activities, to be like for the next time. I think I still like road trip vacations over flying and using taxis/shuttles vacations-we usually eat better and get from point A to point B easier that way, but I think this trip was worth the trouble and we certainly made plenty of memories.

No comments: