Pages

Jan 15, 2013

Five More Months Ya'll!

YAY! We've officially been engaged for the better part of a year and now we only have 5 more months until our wedding! It still feels forever away, but I'm getting more into the fun stuff now so I'm loving it!

Here's what we DO have done, or what's coming up that I absolutely know of:
  • We have our officiant, a miss Sharon Vollett who has allowed Larry to have his "serious" vows and me to have my "fun" vows all in one. We picked them out forever ago and I forgot what they were, but she said that's how she likes it. She'll email them to us a week before the wedding and that way we can't memorize them and make it sound fake. I'm excited for that part!
  • We have our newest photographer. Her name is Jena Wilson Vanderelburg. After hearing about Natalie (our old photographer, who did pass away back in November) and her illness we realized we needed to find someone new, the unfortunate part is now we NEEDED to stick to a budget because we had planned on her giving us photography and a little videography and while originally I didn't have any videography planned I loved the idea so now we needed to fit our new photography budget for both services. Jena V. did Jena and Skyler's engagements and Jena's bridals for their wedding and Jena STRONGLY recommended her. So I started looking through her pictures and loved her style! She was exactly what I wanted from the beginning!She ended up also having the perfect prices that we could find a videographer as well. I was so excited! She'll be doing my bridals on June 1st and then our wedding, of course. I'm so happy to find someone I love and who I get along with!
  • That leads into finding our Videographer. After a lot of searching around I found two I really liked so I emailed both to get a little more information and found a guy with BD Rich Productions that I really liked. We got his contract all signed and the details all figured out and I'm really excited about that too! We'll get him for the whole day too! With Natalie we were only going to get a couple hours, which was just kind of whatever back then, but now I'm happy we'll have the whole day on video to look back on :)
  • We have also decided on doing a fun photo booth. I've seen them at so many weddings and they are so fun and people seem to love them so after looking at our budget and what extra money we'll have I convinced Larry it works and so mom and I went to a Wedding Expo at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday and I found some really good people I'd like to look into and book.
  • I have my dress, which is in and I will be doing my first fitting on the 26th, I'm so excited to see MY dress, the one I will be keeping and taking with me! I can't wait to put it back on and see how well it fits and just everything! I also have my shoes and jewelry and everything I need for under my dress as well.
  • We switched our honeymoon spot because I found a better deal on a nicer place and we know what we want to book, but we're waiting for taxes so we can book the hotel and flight together. We've also got to figure out the exact dates we'll be going too, but it will be in Maui in June sometime and I'm so excited for us to go to Hawaii :)
  • The one thing I'm super excited for is our Open House with Millennial Falls, they do this open house where we get to taste the food and see samples of things they have (like centerpieces, guest books, etc. etc.) and I'm excited to see what we'll like and not like for ours. That will be coming up in a few weeks and then we can make our appointment to go pick out all our stuff! That'll probably be when it feels real and be the funnest part!
  • I have bought Larry's ring, but we all know he doesn't get it until the wedding day. Right now I have had to send it back to where I got it to get it properly sized, but at least he's seen it and loves it and I get to tease him with it ;)
  • I have a few fun little crafts I'm working on now and some little details I'm working on pricing and figuring out what little details I want to add to our wedding day. On one project I have all the parts, we just need to put it all together, but I'm not sharing these as I don't want to have everyone expect it all-I want to throw in a few surprises.
  • I've also been working this whole time on our song list. Mostly as background music for our reception, but we do have what I'm walking down the aisle to and our first dance song picked out. The rest is just for whatever because I'm not expecting a lot of dancing going on as I haven't seen any dancing at weddings in real life ever.
All that's left to do is working more on the projects and song list, getting Larry his "clothes", and picking out our stuff for our reception. I'm super stoked it's all coming together. Now to make these next 5 months pass by so we can be on our honeymoon :)

1 comment:

Jeff and Traci said...

Way to go!! You are so on top of it all! :) Every wedding I have been to there has been dancing! That is so funny you haven't! Good luck on the rest of your planning! Sounds like it is going to be a wonderful wedding.