Pages

Jan 23, 2013

I have the best job

So I don't know why it's taken me so long to mention this story, but my company is just about the best company to work for ever! I mean within a week of me starting I got to take Larry with me go see Avengers with everyone who worked there-they rented out a theater at Jordan Commons AND gave us all $25 gift cards for drinks, candy, food, or whatever! That was kind of my first clue this job was going to rock. There has been talk about what sort of fun, even bigger stuff they'll be doing this year (to celebrate another successful year), plus we also get a Lagoon day during the summer, a Christmas party in the winter, and free lunches during busy season! I mean I thought I was in awe with all of that, but then one morning HR comes around and hands out these to everyone:
 
 

EVERYTHING in this picture was provided to us: the juice, the parfait (with granola that I forgot to add in), and the trail mix bar. It was such a nice surprise and they mentioned it was just to help us stay energized and give us an extra boost in case we missed breakfast. Then a few days later they mentioned we hit a HUGE milestone for the company: we reached $1 Billion (yes BILLION) in assets under management, which was a goal for the end of January/beginning of February so we hit it earlier than expected. As an impromptu "party" they made cupcakes and handed out fun little bling-y necklaces; the cupcakes had a possible prize number underneath them and it wasn't any stinking candy prize either. They had things like Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, Gift cards to best buy and other places, and I'm pretty sure I saw a WII or something like that on the cart-I mean it was all pretty high end stuff! Then they said we'd be celebrating the following week with a real party. So as the week went on and we got antsy to see what they planned we were happy when we got to finally see this party they had planned and were surprised with this stuff:
 

 
The mini jazz band

Some decorations of the area

More decorations

They had a Mardi Gras themed area for us to eat, enjoy entertainment, have some candy. It was so much fun for a middle-of-the-day work party! We got some real southern food as another free lunch that was AMAZING, they had a mini jazz band play music, it really was a fun party! The decorations were awesome and they even had some fun masks for us to wear. Here is me and the girls with our masks:

Jhordan, me, Jeni, and Rachel (from L to R)
Overall I can say moving over to this company has been a great decision for me. I've never had so much fun or found friends as fast as I have at this job. We all have a lot of fun messing with each other every day and it really makes work not seem so time consuming or anything. Can't wait to see what the next year brings being here :)

No comments: