Pages

Jan 18, 2013

I just feel like blogging

So I don't know what it is, but lately I've been moaning and groaning about wanting something to blog about. I love my blog, I love reading others blogs, I love blog stalking, and I even try to convince people who don't have a blog (or do, but don't seem to blog at all) to start! I've become obsessed, but I feel it has really gotten me to do stuff so I can see why I like it. It's been a whole 3 days since I've updated, and while nothing is really new, I just wanted to post.
So here's my nonsense post for tonight:
  • I'm very frustrated with people who make resolutions that they are going to workout all year long, but we all know they won't, but they still take up our treadmills in our free fitness center in our neighborhood when Larry and I used to run together. I haven't run since before I got my PRK done in November and I got new running shoes for my birthday and I want to try them out, but I can't. I know these people will probably be gone next month because they couldn't keep up with it, but I want to run now! The fitness center is only open from 6 to 10 each day so we used to go Monday and Wednesday after I got home, but now Mondays I'm home late from work, Tuesdays I donate (so definitely no running after that), so that leaves the rest of the week, but someone is ALWAYS there! I never thought I'd miss running, but I do! I wanna go running already! I'm considering having us join a gym just so I can get some free running time! There's one down the street open 24/7/365, I may check it out this weekend.
  • I'm now addicted to this new show called "I Shouldn't Be Alive." It's on Animal Planet (and Netflix!) and it's crazy scary. It's just about people who get put into life threatening situations. Most of the time it's because they did something dumb like leaving their cell phones behind or not telling anyone where they are going or not listening to warnings about weather or anything. But to see the extremes these people are put through and how long they can push their body when they are on the brink of death...it's crazy. Kind of scares me to go hiking up Kings Peak, but I know we won't make the same mistakes-we'll definitely let people know where we are going and we'll bring our phones and we won't go wandering off trails just for the fun of it! I have no intentions of every being on that show!
  • I got to have a girl's night out with some work friends and let me tell you...I've never had so much fun with friends! It was so nice being out with the girls and being honest and we shared how we see each other and it was nice seeing how I come across to friends. It totally boosted my self esteem and I've never had so much fun with girls! We just went to dinner and walked around the mall a bit, but we laughed and joked and just had a blast. I was so excited to find a group of females I got along with so well without feeling insecure about myself or anything.
  • I'm REALLY loving wedding planning right now! I can't even tell you. It's been so fun kind of seeing how ours will be brought together and figuring out what we're doing when and getting Larry involved and letting my family know. They have been so awesome with this whole thing and so supportive of our decisions and I love that I have such great, loving people around me. And I love that they all love Larry!
  • Army life still kind of is hard. You just never know when they'll throw a curve ball at you! You think you've figured it out and WHAM! They surprise you with something completely new, unexpected, and something that's guaranteed to mess with your plans! We have our open house coming up in a couple weeks, we planned a trip to Wendover in mid-February, and Larry, obviously, has work during the week and then he suddenly gets this email that basically says from Jan 25th to Feb 25th he has two 2-week long drills, so he only has like one weekend guaranteed off and it isn't our Open House weekend OR the Wendover weekend so now we have to mess with all our plans and figure out a way around this. Plus, his work schedule is a little hard to get out of in the first 10 days of the month so his boss wasn't too pleased to hear the news...it just gets so complicated. They need more organization! I've said it a bazillion times and I'll keep saying it because it's just too hard being chaotic like it is!
That's really all I got, but now I feel a little better knowing I got to blog again for absolutely no reason :) I can hear Larry yawning in his room so I guess it's bed time for us...good night y'all thanks for listening to my nonsense.

No comments: