Pages

Jan 3, 2013

Resolutions Shmesolutions

So I've been thinking about resolutions I'd want to make this year for a little while now. I feel like I've made resolutions in the past to change myself or where I was, I've literally associated resolution to mean change (instead of just decision). Well since getting engaged and moving in our place I've suddenly felt so much better about where I am and what I'm doing. I've been doing things to better my life everyday. So I think this year I want to focus on what we have on our "pre-baby bucket list" and try and get more accomplished with that this year.

There is a couple things I would like to do that could fall under the resolutions area: I'd like be more affectionate towards Larry, He's one of those that will hug me randomly and sometimes I look at him and go what are you up to? (I would like to clarify, I don't do that all the time!) He can just sit and cuddle for hours on the couch, but I have to move around or multi task or just be doing something. I tell him I love him or how great he is or how much I love we're together, but I'd like to do more with my actions and not just rely on words telling him how much I care about him. He really is the greatest person!

The other thing I'd like to do is talk less about babies with Larry. He and I have a plan of when we'd like to start a family (I can tell you it's not by the end of this year) and since we've got some time I'd like to start less conversations with Larry with "well when we start to have kids.." or "this will be helpful for when we have a family." He's more about what we're doing now and I'm always looking our next step and I'd like to be more in the moment with him too. This year is about the wedding and going out and having fun.

So that's about all I've got for 2013, hopefully it goes how we'd like with less unfortunate surprises. I do see a great year for us though :) Hope everyone has a great 2013 too!

No comments: