Pages

Nov 24, 2016

One of My Favorite Times of the Year

It's the time of year my mom comes for a visit. Being pregnant this visit was more exciting for me! I couldn't wait to show off my belly to my mom and share it with her. Plus I was finally starting to feel better so I was excited for that as well! Here's a breakdown of the visit.

Friday:
-We had plans to do a ghost tour with my mom, Will, Andy, and his girlfriend. Turns out Andy couldn't go and Mom and Will had car troubles on their way up (surprise, surprise haha) and so they didn't get in till much later. We couldn't find anyone to take the tickets so we just skipped it. We ended up spending the few hours before bed at Grandma's eating pizza and visiting for a while. Mom got too excited so I let her shared our baby news with Grandma. She was really excited for us. The more people we tell the more happy I get about it. It's nice to just be open about it now :)

It doesn't sound like an eventful night, but it was fun for us. Plus it was just the beginning of the visit!

Saturday:
-Cindy was throwing a joint birthday party for Abby and Olivia so we headed up there. I was going to be quiet about the baby news since I felt like it should be their day and not mine, but once I showed Cindy the picture of the ultrasound she got too excited and the news spread faster than I could control it. Anna and Abby were super thrilled and kept saying BB should be a girl. We were joking that we had enough girls in the family and we could use more boys haha. They were all mentioning it was funny I had a belly already (but I've been looking forward to having one so I embrace it!)

After the birthday party we went to dinner at Susan's. I was sad because we found out Susan retired and sold the business to another family. The food was still good, but we went to catch up with our old family friend. I was excited to tell her about the baby too, but I didn't get that chance. It was also the night that mom and Will met Rachel so it was a good night. We ate way too much and just enjoyed visiting more.

Sunday:
-Sunday I met up with Mom and Will at Target and we headed up to Heber to visit with Shawn and Amber and the babies. They got a new home that's so cute and Amber is just a little past halfway with her pregnancy with baby #3 (another boy). Their kids were so funny and cute (when they weren't throwing toys at us haha). I ended up telling them the news too and they were both so excited for Larry and me. It was fun to compare pregnancy stuff with Amber too.

After visiting for a bit we went out to eat lunch, a place called The Hub, and then headed back to the house so that Mom and Will could give them their gifts. I felt bad because I wanted to give the kids a hug good bye but I was so exhausted and can't bend over as easily these days so I just said bye and left with them. I'll have to make it up next time I see them.

It was so cold and dark after we left that I just went home to hang out with Larry for the rest of the night. I wanted to get as much time with Mom and Will while they were here, but we needed to go grocery shopping and I needed to get some laundry done so that was that for Sunday.

Monday:
-Monday was awesome because we finally got to show off our house to Mom and Will. I am so used to the home at this point, but seeing it through new eyes is always exciting. They seemed to love it, they mentioned we made good decisions and wanted our garage. I can't wait to get it put more together though. Then we can really show it off some.

After the house tour and talking for a bit we headed to Cabela's to walk around there. I love Cabela's, not to visit regularly, but it's still fun to go walk around and get ideas for some fun hobbies.

After Cabela's we went to Grandma's for our Faux-Giving. Since mom was leaving Thanksgiving morning we still wanted to do a family dinner. Unfortunately since it was on Monday night it was just us, Mom, Will, and Grandma. The food was so good and we ate so much again. It was a great night spent with fun people. I love just sitting around and visiting with my family!

Tuesday:
-I started this day early at my doctor appointment. It was just a quick appointment so I went by myself real quick then headed over to Southtowne Mall to walk around with Mom and Grandma. We didn't have a plan for the mall, just to walk around and see what we see. We're girls that way haha. I did find some sweaters I was obsessed with and would probably want to get (I need bigger ones to help cover my unbutton pants and to grow with me since I'm outgrowing my shirts right now).

After the mall we went to Los Cucos for lunch (a favorite of Grandma's) and then to Gardner Village. I love going through their shops. Especially the bedding shops. It makes me excited to put more stuff for the house together. While we did that the guys (Andy, Larry, and Will went shooting so they got some guy time and didn't have to be dragged around doing girlie things haha). I also got some great news on the way to Gardner Village - our condo is officially closing on Monday! Best news I could've gotten this whole time!

I was starting to feel sick that day so I wasn't up to doing too much and I'm officially getting to the point where my back starts to kill after walking too much so we went back to Grandma's after that. We had a quick dinner and then met up with the guys to head to TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra). It was such a cool show, but the night was really cold and the seats got uncomfortable after a while. I ended up standing in the doorway area so that I could get off my butt for a second. The lasers and music were so cool though! I've never seen a show like that and they have so many players involved, it's pretty amazing how they coordinate it.

We left TSO so late it was definitely bed time...I've never been so tired before haha.

Wednesday:
-Our last day was bitter sweet. We met up with Cindy and went to lunch at Zupas (a favorite of ours). We then headed over to Fashion Place to walk around there. Another fun day of visiting, only we had Cindy and Anna with us this time. Anna was obsessed with rubbing my belly and saying BB was going to be a girl. She's so silly.

After the mall we went back to Grandma's to visit for a while again. Somehow the day got away from me and we were there so late. The snow started coming down like crazy so I asked Andy if he'd give me a ride home (Larry was home making Cheesecakes for Thanksgiving dinner with his family tonight). We didn't want to drive in the snow so we ended up staying pretty late.

Saying goodbye is my least favorite part of these visits! It always feels like they go so fast and we have so much fun. I'm glad they got to come out though. Plus now that she's going home they get to go find a new puppy for their house and I'm so excited for them. Besides we were talking about having them come out once BB is born so I'll have that to look forward to (aside from BB actually being here haha). I love my family and these visits make me remember that even more.
Mall walking again, Zupas, saying good bye

No comments: