Pages

Oct 15, 2018

14 Years - Anniversary Weekend

So for our anniversary this year. The weekend started with going to Evans Family Farms (you can see the details of that on this post though). After that we were feeling pretty lazy so we just hung around the house. We did decide to go up and visit Marie for a bit after Cara's nap. She offered to watch Cara for us while we went out to dinner together. We had chosen to go to Marie Calendar's since I hadn't had in ages. To be honest, it wasn't the best food. Marie mentioned a different dinner place, and in hindsight I think she was warning us of Marie Calendars haha. But it was nice to say we got to have a meal alone before minion comes.

After we took our time at dinner (without a child it's funny how you suddenly have a lot more time to talk about random topics and suddenly the service seems slower haha) we went back to pick up Cara and head home. It was nice to have a meal out, but I feel bad that I didn't really get dressed up or anything. In fact I was probably very dressed down for having such a date night.




Some silly videos I got from the weekend. Cara is being so silly seeing herself in the camera haha.

Sunday morning we got up to our usual routine: big Sunday breakfast (french toast), groceries, laundry, and relax until the Skype call at 4. While I was putting the grocery list together Larry surprised me with more anniversary gifts! To clarify: we agreed a few months ago that I just wanted a 2019 planner (so I can get a head start on planning at least through January now before the baby comes) and I'd get him these cool auto feeders for the fish (to make being away in the hospital or on any trips easier for us to make sure the fish are actually get fed as much as we normally feed them). I did get my planner, but Larry also always gets me something that's meaningful to the year we are celebrating. This year was 14 and I guess that's Ivory, so he surprised me with this pretty lace dress, a cute ivory long sleeve cardigan, and a pretty necklace (it was a nest with 3 eggs, but I asked and the eggs don't really represent anything, it was just ivory and he knows I like necklaces). So of course I felt guilty I just got him the fish feeders. Even if it was agreed upon, I feel like we're that lame couple from Beetlejuice that we don't really surprise each other...only it's just me. Larry is always surprising me. I owe him one haha.

When we went to the grocery store I decided we needed to get our pumpkins so we found a couple good ones and put them up with Cara to hang out with...I think she liked it:


I also decided we needed to have some wassail made! It is such a great cooler weather drink and I've been dying to make it for a few years. Why not do it this year? I wasn't doing much in the way of Halloween stuff so I could at least make a new recipe. It also turns out I've been mispronouncing that name this whole time. I thought it was pronounced like wah-sigh, but it's like wah-sail and now I feel all silly saying the wrong name for SO long haha.

So other than that we just enjoyed the weekend and had lots of fun. I'm definitely getting drained of energy so it might have been our last eventful weekend until after this baby is born. So until I do have anything blog worthy...Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: